“best in rochester” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best in rochester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We've tried every Mexican restaurant in Rochester and this is now our favorite. We had been avoiding it because of its strip mall location but now realize that was a mistake. We've been twice in the last month. We covered a lot of the menu with 7 people the first trip and 3 the second. Everything has been good at a minimum and several dishes have been stand out. Its a small operation so things have been a little slow but the food has made it worth it. Try the imported sodas, the flavor is worth it.

• Visited July 2013

Rochester, New York
“Delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Best Mexican food I've had outside of Mexico. I'm not sure what I liked more: the food, or the conversation with the very gracious owners. The meals are authentic, and individually prepared (read: worth the wait) -- wonderful recipes courtesy of the owners' grandmother, who was regularly consulted by telephone in Mexico in creating the menu. For great, fresh taste (including the best guacamole in Rochester, easily) and unmatched hospitality -- try El Dorado.

• Visited November 2012
Rochester, NY
“Wishing this place was better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

The dumpy location did not deter us but I am not sure we would go back given the food was just OK. We used our Groupon or Living Social so this was a great deal and the service was fast and friendly.

The best of what we ordered was the El Pastor taco - the pork was excellent. Unfortunately everything else was just average including the chorizo taco and the enchiladas. And if you do not like cilantro be warned - they put it on everything and in large amounts - in the salsa, in the guacamole, on the tacos.... I was picking it out of my dishes though by wife who likes it was in cilantro heaven. We are still looking for an excellent Mexican place in Rochester....

• Visited July 2012
Denton, Texas
“Good "street tacos" in Rochester?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I usually won't go for Mexican in Rochester; it would be like trying to find really good Italian in Ardmore Oklahoma. A friend of mine took me here last week and we were both quite surprised. I had a nice lunch of tacos al pastore. Good food. Fast service. Small, hole-in-the-wall cafe. A pleasant surprise. I'll go again.

• Visited April 2012
Livonia, NY
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is a small restaurant which for us was perfect. We were greeted warmly. My husband loves spicy, I do not, so the owner/cook adjusted the spiciness of the sauce just for me! Our meals were delicious! My husband, having grown up in San Diego, told the owner and other gentleman that this was the best Mexican food he had enjoyed since he was last in San Diego! The price was right too. So we'll be back!

• Visited April 2012