“Surprisingly Good Chinese Noodles and Buns”
Review of Han Noodle Bar

Han Noodle Bar
Ranked #52 of 1,363 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I give it an extra star, to a five star, because the design of this Chinese restaurant is so hip. Totally different feel than an ordinary Chinese restaurant. The food is authentic, the noodle dishes are great and the pork belly buns are extraordinary. I go for the beef chow fun noodle dishes. The soup noodle bowls are good. There is a slight smoky taste to the noodle dishes I have had - I can'd quite describe it other than that and to say that it is a very pleasant taste. Han's is almost as good as the Chinese restaurants in Toronto - which I rate as usually better than the NYC Chinatown restaurants. Rochester has very few very good Asian restaurants: SEA on Monroe for Vietnamese Pho soups and Han Noodle for buns and noodles. The service here is very good. Much of the clientele is consistently Asian - a very good sign. The menu items are reasonably priced, the food is great, the design/atmosphere is modern, the service is good ... and this is Rochester. Only suggestion I have would be to serve real tea (jasmine or pu erh)- and ditch the teabags.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Han Noodle is a welcome addition to the Rochester scene a few years ago. We found it really appealing given its nice food and fast preparation. The Noodles of all varieties are all good. Young people also love the place.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I am impressed with their authentic Chinese culinary and the smell of Chinese food brings me a good memory. I'm usually skeptical about trying new Chinese restaurant especially in Rochester because I had few disappointments. It took me awhile to try that place and ah..there I was HAPPY. The price is very reasonable. I definitely will introduce more friends to try this place. Check out the menu below:

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Hiding in plain site on busy Monroe Ave is this great foodie find. Bring your own bottle and enjoy excellent Asian fare with a wide range of choices. The dumplings were great. Portions are not huge.. More lunch sized, but so are the prices. I'm always a little skeptical about trying new Chinese restaurants but we went with friends and were delighted. Give them a try!

Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Located in a great place with parking lot on side. Got a good selection of menu with very inexpensive price! We come this restaurant all the time and this is a kids friendly restaurant.

Service is pretty good for such busy place and meal serving is very quick for during lunch hour.

The main course starts at $7!