“Urban Rochester, special and modern Asian bistro”
Review of Han Noodle Bar

Han Noodle Bar
Ranked #43 of 1,271 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pittsford, New York
“Urban Rochester, special and modern Asian bistro”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This comfortable restaurant, in a converted house, amidst the urban setting of Rochester New York's Monroe Avenue neighborhood is our favorite Asian themed modern Chinese oriented cuisine in the Rochester New York region. Contemporary, but classic cuisine with an ingenious twist is their specialties. When we dined the pork belly buns, succulent pulled pork wrapped in a steamed flour dough casing. Various soups, noodle and rice dishes, plus meat, seafood and vegetarian offerings punctuate the delights of this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013

Pittsford, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good Chinese food”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The restaurant is more Cantonese style. They do a pretty good job on some classic Cantonese dishes. However, the noodles are actually on the worse side, strangely, since the name of the restaurant is Noodle Bar and you would think they have better noodles.

Visited October 2013
Rochester, New York
“My first visit just o.k.; I had hoped for better”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

From all the previous reviewers, I guess my expectations were a bit too high. I ended up leaving lunch feeling "ho-hum". We were greeted by a smiling waitress and immediately seated. We ordered both the pork belly buns AND the mushroom buns to share - both delicious. My friend had the pork lo mein, which he said was very good. I ordered a non-broth noodle dish "Singapore Meifun" which contained tiny/narrow noodles with TOO MUCH YELLOW CURRY on them, along with shrimp, chicken and pork. All I could taste was the curry. And because they were the non-broth variety, the noodles were very dry. All in all, I think I just ordered something I didn't care for. Our waitress, while smiling, didn't seem organized. On a few occasions we asked for things that she didn't bring, and we had to remind her. I may visit again, and make a different menu selection. Seating is hard wooden chairs, so not very comfortable.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, NY
“Reminds me of Taiwan - unassuming, excellent, authentic Chinese food”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I am just back from Taipei and my family wanted to know what the food was like, so I took them to Han! Very authentic, high quality, right-sized portion, great value, tasty. What else can I say except I need more pork belly buns! One of my favorite local Chinese Restaurants. Always good for a quick, tasty, well priced meal.

• Visited May 2013
Rochester, New York
“Surprisingly Good Chinese Noodles and Buns”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I give it an extra star, to a five star, because the design of this Chinese restaurant is so hip. Totally different feel than an ordinary Chinese restaurant. The food is authentic, the noodle dishes are great and the pork belly buns are extraordinary. I go for the beef chow fun noodle dishes. The soup noodle bowls are good. There is a slight smoky taste to the noodle dishes I have had - I can'd quite describe it other than that and to say that it is a very pleasant taste. Han's is almost as good as the Chinese restaurants in Toronto - which I rate as usually better than the NYC Chinatown restaurants. Rochester has very few very good Asian restaurants: SEA on Monroe for Vietnamese Pho soups and Han Noodle for buns and noodles. The service here is very good. Much of the clientele is consistently Asian - a very good sign. The menu items are reasonably priced, the food is great, the design/atmosphere is modern, the service is good ... and this is Rochester. Only suggestion I have would be to serve real tea (jasmine or pu erh)- and ditch the teabags.

• Visited April 2013