“Great place for a coffee experience”

Joe Bean Coffee Roasters
Ranked #5 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Rochester
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Creative coffee culture. We are a craft bar featuring espresso, pour-overs, reserve beer, and wine. We are micro-roasters of high quality, single origin, sustainably sourced bean. Where the third wave meets a third place; we are an energetic hub centered on specialty beverage and community. Speciality coffee bar and coffee roasting facility, bar seating, raw industrial feel from the locations historic WWII era factory. Named Top 50 Coffee Shops in the Nation by The Daily Meal - 2015
Rochester, New York
“Great place for a coffee experience”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I just had the best Soy Latte ever at Joe Bean Coffee Roasters. Service is a bit slow but very steady and gracious. Considering the hand crafted product, the wait was well worth it. This spot takes coffee making to a high art. So many choices of bean/brewing technique to suit your taste. Well done! I'll be back and will pass on the good word.

• Visited July 2013

Webster, New York
“Great coffee, no sugar, no cream”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I went here after a dinner and few beers at the old toad to get a flight of coffee before they closed. It was 2 days before my wedding and I was with my groomsmen. We got there like 30 minutes before closing time, and I split a tasting flight of three coffees with a friend. The presentation was great, they prepared them in view and did it with a pour over and drip and then brought them out in little glasses. The coffee was good and fresh, I didn't add anything to it. Just straight up. Then once I got home I was wired for 4 more hours. I didn't get to sleep until I did loads of stuff like clean the floors, do my laundry (including the dry cycle), and tons of other stuff until 2 or 3 in the morning. I've gone a few more times since this original visit and the coffee is still as good. I've bought it a few times as gifts as well.

Visited August 2012
Oneonta, New York
“Crafted Coffee - Just Wonderful!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We finished off an evening tonight with coffee, tea cappuccino and "to die for" s'mores which we prepared with two varieties of home made marshmallow and fresh baked graham cracker (YUM) and chocolate from three different countries...just a perfect way to pass time with family & good friends! We sat bar side and the baristas explained the process - totally cool place to enjoy brews from around the world!

• Visited March 2013
Rochester, New York
“Addicted to this place!”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I love coffee, in fact if I had to give it up for health reasons I would choose to die a slow death. Ok joking aside this place is fantastic. I thought I had tasted great coffee...boy was I wrong. This place sets a new bar for coffee shops/bars/houses...whatever you want to call em. They really know what it is they are doing and don't mind taking the time to explain the different ways and devices they use to brew their coffee. In fact they even offer classes to the public on how to brew coffee...definitely something I can foresee in my future as doing. They do roast the coffee on site which is cool as you know it is fresh, and have a selection of cheese and meat pairings to go with if you feel the need to nosh.

Now mind you this is not Starbucks...you're not gonna find big couches to park your behind in for hours on end. They have high stools and chairs along a wooden shelf fastened to the wall and around the coffee bar itself. One might think that you could not spend time hanging out and reading due to this fact but I had no problem as it was not overly busy at the time. I kind of like the fact they don't have couches or plush chairs to sit in as those places are always over run by folks who spend hours hogging em anyways.

I definitely plan on making this a frequent stop in my weekly routine.

• Visited February 2013
Rochester, New York, United States
“best coffee in Rochester”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I love the coffee and the service at Joe Bean's. It is worth every penny. I either order the latte (which comes with the beautiful latte art) or I ask the baristas to choose something from the menu for me. I was never disappointed.

I take every friend and family member who visits me in Rochester to Joe Bean's. The baristas are friendly and willing to share their (vast) knowledge on coffee. Overall, I recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited December 2012