“Extremely nice staff. Good bargain.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
decatur
“Extremely nice staff. Good bargain.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have read the reviews and they are very accurate. The staff is extremely warm and welcoming. The room was a good bargain for the price. We were there during the week and we were surprised to be given a voucher for a free dinner. It was a basic dinner but when you are traveling and trying to hold down the cost of the travel and free dinner was an extremely nice touch. My only complaint is that the room could have been a bit cleaner. Not awful but a few cleaning areas were missed. But for the price compared to that of other hotels in the area, I could live with it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words and comments about the staff. I will be happy to share with the team, our main goal is to make sure that everyone feels at home when staying with us and I am happy to hear the staff did just that. I apologize that the room did not meet your standards as far as cleanliness goes. If there is anything that we can do to make it right or if you would like to discuss any issue further please feel free to reach out to me at any time. I can be reached by phone at 585-427-2700 or email at jmahoney@visions-hotels.com

Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
Jamestown NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

There are some hotels that don't do everything right, have a few obvious drawbacks, but you love them anyway. This hotel is one of those for me. Of course the rooms are clean and decently appointed and the rates are competitive. But there is a nice feeling to the place that brings me back. There are always considerate people checking you in and offering to help. They now provide a free dinner Mon-Thurs at a restaurant a few doors down. Location is great, close to 390 North and South, shopping and restaurants. There are almost always snacks available and a good selection of DVD's to watch in your room. Breakfast is no great shakes but it gets you going. And even though it is not the snappiest hotel in town, it remains my go to place when I travel to Rochester NY.

Room Tip: The rooms on the right as you enter the hotel seem to be a little quieter.
Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pawley
James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Pawley,
Thank you very much for the kind words about our location and hotel. We are all happy to hear that you enjoy your time with us each time you stay. I will be happy to share the kind comments with the team. It is our guest's feedback that helps us improve and offer the best service possible, thank you for taking the time to give us that nice feedback. We look forward to your next stay!
Canon City, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

There was hairs in the bathtub, trash ( beer caps ) between bed and nightstand. Bathroom vent was dirty, bathroom floor corners filthy. Breakfast was fine. afternoon check in staff could use some training (Victoria) .I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Howard B
James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Howard,
I would like to apologize for the things you ave experienced at our property on behalf of myself and the entire team I would like to take this time to express how sorry we are for everything, it is not something that we except. If you would like to discuss the issue further please feel free to contact me directly at 585-427-2700 or by email at jmahoney@visions-hotels.com. I would also like to invite you back for another visit in hopes you will give us a second chance to accommodate you.

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review about your stay.
Buffalo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was an excellent hotel; if you have insomnia and enjoy folk dancing, come to this hotel. It is reasonable priced. It is also near many wonderful places, like Barnes and Noble, and a public library, and the Rochester Institute of Technology if you are a student. In addition, it also has a computer on the first floor, and an elevator so that you won't have to use the stairs. There is also free breakfast and free lemonade and free cookies. You also get chips and bottled water as a gift. The people even let you return to your room if you forget stuff after checkout. In short, this is an excellent place. Enjoy it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Michael S
Dear Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your stay, I agree that the area is a great location for whatever your style. There is so much to see and do while in the area, I hope you get the opportunity to come back to the area for another trip. I know the staff will be happy to accommodate you again and make you feel at home.

green valley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Enjoyed our stay at this Hotel, the fact that they offered a free dinner as well as a free breakfast made it a well worth stop. We travel across country every summer to visit family, and always try tto stay at a Best Western.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Margaret, I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay at our hotel-the team and I always enjoy our guest's feedback. I am very excited to share you comments with them tomorrow. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next Rochester visit.
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel staff was extremely helpful and so very accomodating. Our room was a little on the small side but very clean and for just one night it was fine for 3 adults. We had 2 queen beds. The hair conditioner they provide was amazing! I would love to know what it is cause I would like to buy some. The area was easy to get on and back on the freeway. It's near a lot of stores and restaurants. We had dinner at Sticky Lips Juke Joint BBQ which was withing walking distance and had breakfast at Denny's which was close by. The Best Western does provide a free breakfast but as this was our last day we just wanted to have a relaxing breakfast before we got back on the last leg of our road trip. I would stay again and would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marisa,
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. The conditioner we use is made by a company called Aquamer by Institute Swiss Amenities. Again thank you for taking the time to write a response, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Rochester.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Loved my stay here. Service at the desk was better than at hotels that cost three times as much. Truly a warm, clean, people driven hotel. The room was very clean, comfortable, and did the job beautifully. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Chefdixie, I am so happy to hear that we were the perfect hotel for your travels, I am glad that the staff was pleasant and accommodating for you. I know that we all look forward to seeing you soon! Thank you for choosing the Best Western