“Good Slightly Upscale Place”
Review of Back Nine Grill

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kilbourn
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I have been going to the Back 9 for a few years now. I mainly go to bar for Football and Soccer games and late night bar fare. They host a group of soccer nuts called the American outlaws and the Rochester Polish Heritage Society's "Happy Hour". They have an awesome "late night" menu for $5.00 witch includes wings, nachos, pizza logs, mozz sticks, a burger, and even a portabella "burger" for the vegetarians. Unfortunately I have to be honest and say the service is just average, for being a more upscale place I believe the service should stellar. Nonetheless I continue to go back and enjoy myself every time. I have gone there for Formal events with the Outlaws, on dates, with my daughter for kids eat free Tuesdays, and almost religiously for MNF. I definitely consider this place my "home" bar, even though its 20 minutes away! I almost forgot to mention in the summer they have live music and a sweet outdoor patio, which is wonderful on the good nights we have here in Rochester.

1  Thank BigTroutShanks

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We were able to eat outside in the pleasant garden area. The area was quite full even though it was only 5:15. Service was very good as was the food which was exactly as described. The seven of us had a delightful time and would certainly go back again for an outside experience.

1  Thank Priscilla B
Reviewed 11 June 2012

First I agree with other reviewers about the noise in this establishment. Very loud, small main dining room is right off the bar area, three flat screens in the room. Nice booths. Good selection of wines, waitress was very nice but did not tell us what entree's were not available until we were ready to order and of course they were both not availalbe. She said they were in the middle of changing the menu and the lobster ravioli I wanted has not been available for over month. There were totally out of racks of ribs, so that took a couple more entrees off the selection. We ordered stuffed flounder and blackened rib eye whiskey steak with carmelized oniions, Both had onion rings on the side. Food was delicious. They serve a small loaf of bread, no salad, unless that is your one side choice. We would maybe give this restaurant another try when the new menu comes out. They do have outdoor seating, no umbrellas over the tables, didn't look that appealing to us. Celebrating my husband's birthday, they do not do anything for birthdays. Waitress nicely wished him a Happy Birthday though

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Good place to watch a sporting event. My wife thinks it has the best hummus (for what that's worth). Order a drink and go someplace else if you want a good meal.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I was really looking forward to trying this place out as I had received mixed reviews and wanted to see for myself. I have a preference for locally owned establishments (Distillery)as opposed to chains (Applebee's)and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, we would have been better served by either of the two aforementioned choices. Service (Lauren??) was fine and the dining room was okay, but the food was disappointing at best.The ribs were fatty, but the fries were good. My baked cod was so-so, but the veggies were way over-cooked. Given the price, I expected better.