“Parents can't use equipment with kids? Super.”
Review of Bounce It Out

Bounce It Out
Ranked #44 of 149 things to do in Rochester
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

It's extremely disappointing that parents can't use the equipment at Bounce it Out with their children. I never would've wasted my time going there if I had seen that anywhere on the bounce it out website. All I saw was that kids of any age were welcome. Upon arrival we were told this information and my husband and I thought better of letting our 1.5 year old running around and using equipment we couldn't help her with.

I can see how bounce it out would be a great environment for parents to take their kids to if they want a break for a cheap price. But that's not I want for myself when I take my daughter out for a fun experience. I want to be able to enjoy activities and play time with her. Not sit on the sidelines and be restricted from that.

As long as bounce it out has this policy I will never take my kid of any age there. It's not a great environment to spend time as a family.

8  Thank Amber W

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I remember coming here a few years ago and adults were able to jump and go on the slide. Things have definitely changed because you are no longer allowed to do so. The little one had fun going through the obstacles, the bathroom wasn't clean or the food court area.

1  Thank ElleP1
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I took my son and nephew here on a Friday afternoon while school was out they had a great time on the attractions and rides. However seating area was on trashed I did not see any staff members circulating cleaning up the tables and pizza boxes napkins cups etc. This place could be a diamond if polished.

1  Thank Returns
Reviewed 28 January 2014

From a kid's perspective, this place is great. My 3 year old is just about big enough to do everything on her own now. She used to get stuck at the top of the climbing structure, needing a rescue from her big brother. She also used to be afraid of the toddler jumping area with the big dinosaur/dragon at the entrance. My 6 year old boy loves it and has been to many birthday parties here. The birthday honoree gets to sit in a cool big blow up chair, so once he saw that, he knew he wanted his birthday party here too. Not much talking him out of it.

From a parent's perspective, it is great, but can be a little difficult to keep track of your child. The birthday parties are a little expensive for the amount of kids and food you get, and especially the amount of time you get in the party room. We felt very rushed with just 45 minutes to try to round all the kids up and get them to the room, serve and eat pizza, cake and open presents. We were told that many kids just take their presents home to open, which seems crazy. It's the best part of the birthday party - who wants to wait to open their gifts? And most kids want to watch their gifts get opened. So this meant my son skipping his pizza to open his few gifts while everyone ate. We were being ushered out of the room as kids were eating cake - no time to finish, I was taking it out of their hands as they were putting a bite in their mouth. So be ready to keep things moving and maybe not having time to do everything. Our party host was great and set up the room as I asked (although, you are not allowed to bring in any balloons or put anything on the walls or ceiling) and did not get flustered with everything to do. She even tried to keep a log of birthday presents. Also, be aware that you do not get to have the room the whole time of your party - just those 45 minutes. They book parties in the room every hour.

It would have been more enjoyable and relaxing for me if I didn't have to rush and kick kids out as they were eating cake - another favorite part of the party. They had a good time playing. But I'm not sure I will book another party there. We'll be back to play though!

1  Thank JillP19
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were visiting Rochester on a shopping trip and wanted a place where we could let the little ones burn off some steam after a lot of time in the car or shopping. Our kids are 2, 4 and 5 and this place worked perfectly. It is in a good location with a number of restaurants nearby. It is a bit hard to find (at the back of a commercial complex) but worth a look if your kids like bouncy castles. There is a good variety of bouncy castles and an enclosed area at the back with some toys for tots or their tired, older siblings. It was our second visit and we will probably return if we are in the area again.