“Everything is frozen, nothing fresh !!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Quaker Steak and Lube
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rochester, New York
“Everything is frozen, nothing fresh !!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I decided to go out for something to eat on a Friday night. Most places are busy on Friday nights, but they were maybe half full of customers. The waitress came over fairly quickly and took our drink orders. Then gave us a few minutes to check the menu. I ordered their Breaded shrimp in a basket with fries and cole slaw. My wife order the chicken finger basket, also with fries and cole slaw. Our meals came and we began to eat. We both agreed that the fries were soft, under cooked and cold. My shrimp were no doubt from a bag or box of frozen shrimp. Very little taste and flat and NOT butterfly. The cocktail sauce was very spicey hot, and over powered the little taste of the shrimp. My wifes chicken finger were also from a bag or box of frozen chicken.. We DO know the taste of fresh and frozen, and everything here was frozen, not fresh. We realized we never got our cole slaw, so we asked our waitress, who's reply was oh! I'll get you some. She brought the cole slaw and my wife and I took a forkfull at about the same time, and pretty much at the same time, spit it back out!! It was absolutely terrible. It was way over seasoned with pepper and we believe "vinegar". It was the worst cole slaw we have ever tasted. We actuallt decided against the wings, because we have had them before. They were okay at best, but right across the street is a restaurant called Jeremiah's, and they are noted for the best wings in Rochester. We have had them, and we agree, so if you want wings go across the street. Plus, other food we have had at Jeremiah's is fresh, not frozen.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
TheOfficialQSL, Franchisor at Quaker Steak and Lube, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
ThanQ for the review of our business. It is our mission to provide our guests with great tastes and it seems we may not have lived up to this standard. We want to assure you that we use the highest quality ingredients. Our guests’ opinions are very important to us and we would love to hear more. Please email us at teamqsl@thelube.com. We hope to hear from you and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Rochester, New York, United States
“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Checked Quaker out as I had heard good things about their wings. Located right across the street from my favorite Wimpy's and near the Tinseltown IMAX theater. Plenty of parking.

I visited Quaker during a heavy snowstorm on a Saturday night. The place was empty except two or three other tables taken and a couple of people at the bar. The decor is race car, license plate, gas station, nascar.... which is kinda cool.

The waitress was okay and food came out fairly quick. The food however was very disappointing.

I got the chicken wings. I chose "hot" and "garlic parmesan" sauce for my wings. The wings were pretty big in size and decent. They were not as hot (temperature wise) as I like them. The taste was decent but I've had much better. I'd rate them 6 out of 10.

The onion rings were horrible! The onions were physically separated from the surrounding burnt amalgamation of crumbs and flour. I ate one and didn't touch the rest.

My friend got the mango habanero salmon which came with a side of chips and salad. The salmon was overcooked and dry. The chips came out cold and we had to ask the waitress to bring out hot ones.

The place closes at midnight and we were there around 10 pm. The staff decided to clean the place while we were eating. Moving the tables all around us and vacuuming loudly the entire place. Oh and if you don't get a booth the chairs with the tables are plastic lawn chairs.

2 stars only because the wings were decent. Very unimpressive. Will not return. Go to Wimpy's instead!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
TheOfficialQSL, Franchisor at Quaker Steak and Lube, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
ThanQ for sharing your review. We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests. We will work to improve our food quality. If you would like to share more information about this experience please email us at teamqsl@thelube.com. We hope to hear from you and see you back again at The Lube soon.
Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
“My 19th Lube Location Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Not very busy for a QS&L- it was early Monday night so understandable - but great service and prices were good. Wings are pretty standard for a QS&L; nothing great, not as crispy as I would like. QS&L has very small bleu cheese servings; quite annoying.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Henrietta, New York
“Food was Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Been to this restaurant in Erie PA and in Rochester. Each time the food was good. The burgers are very good and the wings are also very good.
However that said, a 1/2 chicken wing piece is not worth $1.00. Maybe if you received an entire wing, the peg and the flat I would consider it. Tuesday all the wings you can eat is not good for us because we only eat about 10 of them. Maybe they should have some coupons with 1/2 price wings.
At the Rochester place our bill was about $30.00. They gave us one for about $65,00. It took a while to correct that mistake. Seems they gave us the bill for the group at the next table. Mistakes happen so just check your bill.

• Visited August 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Favorite Wings and Hang Out Spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I don't know of any better place for wings. I am so glad there is one in Rochester, so I can go when I am in town for a visit! Best place I know to just hang with the guys and enjoy good food, and sports!

Visited October 2013
TheOfficialQSL, Franchisor at Quaker Steak and Lube, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
ThanQ for sharing your review! We always love to hear from our guests. We are glad you enjoy the food and fun atmosphere. We hope to see you back again soon!