“Best carrot cake around”
Review of Cheesy Eddie's

Cheesy Eddie's
Ranked #2 of 38 Dessert in Rochester
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family loves carrot cake. It's pretty much a staple at every birthday celebration. I have come to learn that Cheesy Eddie's is the only acceptable cake to present. Now there are other places that are close, but what Cheesy Eddie's has that no one else does is the frosting! Give me a tub of the frosting and I'll be just fine! Not too sweet, but sweet enough- I don't know how they do it, I've tried to replicate and can't do it!

And don't get me wrong, my review is about the carrot cake...but the cheesecake is equally as tasty!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a change of pace from your typical birthday cake so I ordered a Turtle Cheesecake. While I was there I ended up buying Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chocolate cupcakes to be sure I had enough dessert. Both the cupcakes and cheesecake were so good!

The cheesecake was rich and creamy with caramel and chocolate drizzled over the top. We chose the pecan topping, but you have the choice of cashews as well.

The cupcakes...you just have to taste them because words won't even do them justice. Both varieties were outstanding.

Cheesy Eddie's is definitely worth a special trip to the Southwedge neighborhood.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Everyone talks about the cheesecake here- which is terrific but I am a fan of the carrot cake. Moist and delicious. Love it!

1  Thank jenhaught
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I'm getting my wedding/birthday cake from Cheesy Eddie's. Try the Carrot Cake and I also love the Jillians cookies. Go in and try yourself, you will love it!

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We love Cheesy Eddie's for so many years. 28 years ago, they made our wedding cake! The place got new owners a few years back and they should be congratulated for keeping up the wonderful work of the original owners.

Note that while the cheesecake is simply the best you are going to find in Rochester (and a much larger geographic area), their other cakes are worth a strong look. The chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting is so yummy. The carrot cake is very plain (which many people prefer - I like my chock-o-block full of nuts, pineapple, coconut, etc.) but also very, very good.