Motel 6 Rochester Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$115
US$110
Country Inn
US$144
US$131
Country Inn
US$92
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece(Rochester)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$93
US$85
US$125
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Your first impression of this place lets you know that this is going to get ugly. The 3" plexiglass protection at the reception area indicates you better sleep with your wallet in your hands. It gets worse from there. The hallways, at best, are deplorable. The room is worse with it's stained and burned carpet only to be topped by the mold infested bathroom.
My advise to you is that if you choose this hole, make sure you have your "shots".

Room Tip: Try Holiday Inn
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank richard f
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This was by far the worst motel we have ever stayed it! After driving 16 hrs, we just need to relax. The hallways were filthy. The bed had springs that poked you in the back. VERY uncomfortable. The comfortor had bodly fluids all over it! Disgusting! Since it was very late, we had no choice but to tough it out. I prayed we wouldn't be killed during the night. I was so scared! I will NEVER stay in a Motel 6 again after reading all the reviews all over the US! I am glad we didn't have any children with us.

Room Tip: Read the reviews! I wish we would have.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank P S
Reviewed 26 May 2012

After spending most of the night with an allergy attack, the next morning they told us that the problem was probably pesticide. They said they take pets and spray for fleas after the pets leave. When we entered the room, we thought we smelled cleaning supplies and the window was bolted shut so could not be opened. If we had known it was pesticide, we would not have tried to sleep there.

I was sick most of the next day.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Eleanor H
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I recently moved from NH to TX, and stayed in Motel 6s every night, primarily because they allow animals. This particular one was clean, easy to find, and reasonably comfortable. The downside was the other guests-had I been traveling as a solo female I would have been very uncomfortable. Lots of loud activity outside the unit, and the occasional knock on the door with peculiar requests(no I do not have a lighter). Would I stay there again? Under the same circumstances-yes. Otherwise not a chance.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Ok so I just got back from a one night stay at the Motel 6 Rochester Airport and I am still shaking and in disbelief. The word nightmare or any other word could not capture the experience I and my two very young children experienced. I have never written a review of any kind in the past, but I feel absolutely compelled to do so today. I apologize for the length of this review, but feel that it would be worth anyone who is contemplating a stay here to read. My family (myself, my 4 year old son and my 14 week old daughter) checked into this hotel on September 1st 2011 for a one night stay. This one night stay has made me reconsider ever traveling with my children without my husband again. Check in went fairly smooth. The lady at the front was not very welcoming, however, she was not rude or abrasive either. (this will come later). She was curt and to the point. Even offered me a better deal as I was traveling alone without another adult. On our way to our room it became fairly apparent that this hotel was more of a hostel. I believe that there are more weekly/monthly rentals than overnight stays. I met a couple of these residents in the stairwell on my way to the room. It was obvious that there were some addiction issues plaguing this couple, however, who am I to judge. They were kind to my kids and even asked if they could help carry stuff to our room. Once we got to our room I was satisfied with the cleanliness. Yes there were cigarette burns in the comforters and rug in a non smoking room, some hairs in the washroom, but nothing we couldn't live with for one night. Everything was pretty par for the course for a budget hotel until about 4:30 a.m. That was about the time that things became very unacceptable in a hurry and in retrospect, I do not know what is more disturbing the incident or the way the incident was dealt with by the staff at the motel 6. Ok so at 4:30 a.m. I heard my baby stirring. I got up to feed her and at that moment I heard a gut wrenching scream. This commotion must have been what roused the baby. I heard a man yelling in the hallway. He then started to bang and kick on the door. He was saying things like I know she is in there if you don't let me in I will kick this door down and beat your head in. Let her out of there. At first I thought he was at our door because the noise was so loud. I cowered in the corner with our kids for a a bit and then the noise stopped. I went to the door and looked out the peep hole. 2 minutes later he was back and angrier than before. I realized he was at the door across the hall and it was the man I met in the stairwell. He started to beat at the door again and was saying let her out of there. Come out of there. If you do not come out I will put needles at your door and call 911. This is when I called management and asked someone to come up and deal with this. I was shaking like a leaf and scared to death so I may have been a bit straight forward on the phone in order to make sure that they took me serious. The man on the phone was terribly rude and told me he was just up here and that he saw nothing. He did not believe me. I was wondering how I could get my kids out of there before a horrible confrontation started and possible gun shots fired. It was that bad. While waiting for management a girl came out into the hall to find out what was going on. She was told that the girl he was looking for OD'd in the room and the drug dealers took off to let her die alone. He was trying to save her. She joined in with the screaming and banging. All of this was clearly audible and very disturbing. My 4 year old was crying and shaking and kept asking if there were bad men in the hall. Anyways this ordeal took about 40 minutes to end. I believe the girl did not die in that room as no police or ambulance was ever called (however, I cannot be too sure based on that hotels lackadaisical attitude towards the situation) . No staff member ever contacted us to see if we were ok or to apologize for the incident. They knew we were upset and did not care in the least. In fact when I approached the manager in the morning she was rude and looked at me like my feelings were ridiculous. That it was ok for my 4 year old to be so scared that he wanted to go straight home to be with daddy rather than go to an amusement park. She did comp the room as I do not think she had any other choice, however, it was apparent that these types of incidents are a normal activity at this hotel. My suggestion for this hotel is to change their slogan from "we'll leave the light on" to "I am pretty sure you will not witness any domestic disputes and the girl in the room next to you will not overdose or your money back". If you are going to risk this hotel please know in advance that it has some serious flaws. This recount of our stay is factual and nothing has been exaggerated in anyway.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family