“Show Me The Housekeeping” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Rochester Airport

Motel 6 Rochester Airport
Ranked #31 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
New York City, New York
“Show Me The Housekeeping”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

OK, so I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel room when I pull off the road to get a few hours of zzzz's and I can accept the saying "you get what you pay for". But this Motel 6 is an exception to those rules.

Instead of leaving the lights on at Motel 6, why can't they just clean the rooms?

I suspect they probably pay the housekeepers about $10 per hour and I would guess they alot 10 minutes per room for a housekeeper to service it. Now here is a case of where you get what you pay for!

Torn and stained carpets, filthy bath tub, pubic hair on the bathroom floor. And that was what one could see. Just imagine what was hidden.

Motel 6 can be good and functional; but, in this hotel's case ... this is not possible. I hope the new owners of Motel 6 Corporation will pay attention to the quality of their hotels' housekeeping. If they can fix this issue, they will double the value of their recent investment.

I wonder when the last time the senior executives of Motel 6 actually got out and stayed at some of these re-purposed motels? It could be an eye-opening experience and they would begin to see travel through the eyes of their guests...and not their balance sheets.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank TraveljohnsonJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

I'm not hard to please and travel a fair amount, but you could not pay me to stay here again. Everything was wrong. Scary location, musty smelling, dirty carpets, no restaurant, very noisy guests, scary looking guests.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Travelmore999
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I had no false expectations staying in a motel 6 - I expected it to be bare and run down but was optimistically hopeful for a clean bed and a hot shower.

The plexi-glass guarded checkin - where to avoid all human contact I had to slide my ID underneathe the window - should have tipped me off. (I even swiped my own credit card!)

the motel (and my room) smelled awful - even though the temperature was cool, the air was humid and heavy with smoke, dirt, grime and possibly mold.

When I walked in, the toilet was still running. Wondered how long ago my room was "cleaned".

My bed covers had cigarette burns in my "non smoking room". The bathroom still had a used bar soap, and all of the towels had hair and stains on them. It was disgusting. In the room was the saddest table and chair I'd ever seen.

There were alot of sketchy people abound - I definitely agree with previous reviews that the "neighborhood" did not appear to be that safe for a single woman traveling.

For the first time, I left the "motel" And found a Microtel about 25 minutes away that was $8 more per night and felt like a palace compared to this motel 6.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Babybokchoy
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I've stayed here several times (most recently in July). The motel is functional and basic, but certainly not outstanding. The rooms are reasonably clean, and the service has been good. The outside could use some maintenance, and the parking lot/trash cans definitely need to be picked up. Other guests seem to congregate in the parking lot to smoke, which is not great. The location is convenient (right by the airport and the Erie Canal Bike Trail). It's only a few minutes from downtown Rochester.

For a cheap motel, it's good enough. If you want a luxury stay, it's probably not your best choice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

We crashed here for the night passing through. Having a couple of dogs with Motel 6 is usually pretty awesome. When they do their jobs. This particular location lacked competence. Overflowing trash cans outside and in the hallways strayed bugs. Cigarette butts all over the grounds and also inside in the hallways. The carpets were filthy. The worst part was our bathroom. There was a nasty dirty towel hanging up when we got there and little black hairs all over the place. I felt dirtier after my shower.

The bed in this room was terrible. I typically would not complain about an uncomfortable bed in a cheap motel, but this one was pretty bad. We slept on top of the covers in our clothes. We should have just camped or stayed in our truck, either would have been more pleasant.

Next was my bill. I booked the room through the motel 6 iPhone app for $67. Upon arrival I noticed a sign on the wall stating room prices, walk ins got a cheaper rate. I asked about it, didn't get an answer.

The clientele and area were a bit sketchy, I will let it at that.

I wrote the company. They assured me this was an isolated case and they are sorry. I don't believe them.
This motel has many problems and I will never stay there again. In fact I will be much more diligent reading reviews of all other motel 6s if they let that one operate like that.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Bluegreenbean
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Your first impression of this place lets you know that this is going to get ugly. The 3" plexiglass protection at the reception area indicates you better sleep with your wallet in your hands. It gets worse from there. The hallways, at best, are deplorable. The room is worse with it's stained and burned carpet only to be topped by the mold infested bathroom.
My advise to you is that if you choose this hole, make sure you have your "shots".

Room Tip: Try Holiday Inn
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank richard f
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

This was by far the worst motel we have ever stayed it! After driving 16 hrs, we just need to relax. The hallways were filthy. The bed had springs that poked you in the back. VERY uncomfortable. The comfortor had bodly fluids all over it! Disgusting! Since it was very late, we had no choice but to tough it out. I prayed we wouldn't be killed during the night. I was so scared! I will NEVER stay in a Motel 6 again after reading all the reviews all over the US! I am glad we didn't have any children with us.

Room Tip: Read the reviews! I wish we would have.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple