“Even better than before”
Review of Inn On Broadway

Inn On Broadway
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We returned to this hotel after an absence of about 1-1/2 years. Our experience was even better than before. The bed was very comfortable, the room temperature was completely controllable, the bathroom was beautiful and although it didn't have tons of shelf space for toiletries, the space was adequate. I think this room was larger than the one we had previously. Wifi was wonderful. The restaurant was expensive but good. The only suggestion I would have is that the rooms need more light. Another lamp or two would be very helpful.
The staff is very accommodating and we love that the hotel is walking distance from the Eastman School of Music. One more good thing: now they have a hotel shuttle to the airport!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have had the chance to stay at this delightful Inn on two different work occasions. In each case the service has rivaled the level of service that I recently received at the Ritz Carlton in the Cayman Islands which costs about 300% more per night. My first night I was getting in late and they made sure the order that I wanted from the restaurant was made fresh for me and brought up to my room. The seafood salad and grilled asparagus were so well made and tasty I did that same thing on my next trip. The two rooms I stayed in were nice and comfortable with internet included. The first room had no iron in the room which gave me the excuse to send out my shirt with the Inn's laundry service. It was back in my room when i returned from my work for a reasonable charge of under $3 if memory serves. Every at the inn is nice and looks for ways to make your stay enjoyable. From Kat, to Anna to Marie they all have the perfect disposition to make a guest feel important and well cared for.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MD_Traveler_bornin62
Reviewed 6 December 2012

This is an historic property and is filled with charm. Each room is different--I've been here more than once--there are comfortable nooks stocked with books, and the service is attentive and personal, harkening back to a less frenetic time. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable, the continental breakfast generous (juices, beverages, pastries, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, mini-quiche, cereal and toast), and the in-house restaurant a gem. The stately homes of East Avenue and museums are just up the road, as well as an art movie theatre and the wonderful concert offerings of the Eastman School of Music. A fine place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PaulaF168
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Overall we enjoyed our stay at The Inn on Broadway for 2 nights over the Thanksgiving day weekend. We arrived late Thursday, and promptly made reservations for a traditional Thanksgiving day dinner in their restaurant Tournedos.
The service and food for Thanksgiving dinner were superb. We returned the next night for a wonderful steak dinner with the same great service.
Our room (Room 411) was large with a working fireplace, small kitchen, bath & shower.

The pros of this hotel are; the staff are courteous and beyond helpful and took good care of us. The linens are good as well as housekeeping. The hotel is lovely enough.

The negatives for us were....the shower head in in the shower (Rm. 411) were not high enough for my husband who is 6'2". It was not adjustable at all, so, it was fine for me but short for him.
There was no safety deposit box in the room for our passports etc. as we were traveling from Canada and feel better when we can put them away. This was the first time in years that we have stayed in a hotel without a safety deposit box. Yes, there should be a full length mirror in every room as one other reviewer mentioned. There is not a full length mirror anywhere in the hotel that I noticed. I feel that the toiletries could be a little better, but I always bring my own regardless.
The location, while downtown, is not far from most sites and shopping malls. We were visiting Rochester as our friend Al Chez, former trumpeter for David Letterman's orchestra was playing a gig in town (Henrietta) with his Brothers of Funk big band, so it was a convenient 15 minute drive to the venue.
If you are thinking of staying here, then book the room. I'm very fussy and would not stay in a chain
If we ever found ourselves back in Rochester we would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank celticmoon
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed in this hotel during a University of Rochester Reunion weekend. The hotel staff gave us a very nice room (#408) on the 4th floor. It was a kingsized bed with a small kitchenette. The room was well stocked with coffee, tea and utensils. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. Breakfast was a basic continental but was included in the room rate.

Room Tip: 4th floor - room 408 - king room with kitchenette was quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BostonTraveler01
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My husband and I just stayed 5 nights at Inn on Broadway during our visit to Rochester. We could not have been happier with our room on the fourth floor, which included a cozy fireplace. I am a stickler for cleanliness, and normally hotels never meet my strict cleanliness standards; however, Inn on Broadway managed to do just that. I could not find any neglect, even in places such as the corners on the tile bathroom floor. The floors, bedding, and bathroom were impeccably clean. The only thing I wished for, which is a personal preference, was a full length mirror or at least a large mirror outside the bathroom to facilitate two people getting ready in the morning; however, that did not affect my overall opinion of our stay. We found the property to be extremely quiet. We usually stay at larger upscale hotel chains, so we were pleasantly surprised at Inn on Broadway not to hear slamming doors all night as is common in most hotels. There also seemed to be events in the evening at the hotel; however we were never disturbed by noise during our stay. The property seems to attract more mature adult guests and travelers (or that was definitely the case when we stayed), and that is likely what contributed to our peaceful stay which is exactly what we always hope for when traveling. The staff was very friendly, and we were always greeted by hotel staff while in the hotel by everyone from the valet, to housekeeping, to the front desk, so you definitely feel welcome and that your business is appreciated. A couple of mornings we enjoyed the generous continental breakfast, which even included delicious pastries and mini quiche, very unexpected items at a complimentary breakfast. Although we did not eat at the restaurant aside from breakfast, to sit in the dining room and enjoy rich, dark wood surroundings and relaxing music from bygone eras was completely charming. I think it would be difficult to stay in a better location in Rochester. Besides being directly across the street from a lovely old-world church that is picturesque in itself, you are within short walking distance from quaint coffee shops, bars, and restaurants so you can experience Rochester as a local. The hotel is also about a block away from the Eastman School of Music. We walked to the ticket office and purchased tickets to a chamber orchestra concert one evening and had a truly enjoyable, cultural experience. Then, of course, you are conveniently located near other local attractions that are within driving distance. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a more unique hotel experience and would stay here again without even considering other options if I ever visit Rochester in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank evasteigerwald
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came to find the Inn on Broadway after a bad experience at a Niagara Falls B&B.... From the moment Anna answered my call explaining our need for a room to checkout our stay was FANTASTIC!!!! We arrived at approximately 8:15 pm after a long 8 hour drive to our Niagara Falls fiasco and back an hour towards home, to find Anna waiting for us .... Her adorable smile and cheerfulness was a welcomed sight! Check in was quick and within minutes we were in our room! The room was immaculate and beautifully decorated ! Just what we needed and deserved after such a long day! The multi -jet shower was amazing! We headed downstairs to Touredo's steak house for a bite to eat ... We were seated within moments by a very friendly , smiling hostess! Once seated we were greeted immediately by Mike the first of our two waiters who offered us water .....next came Leo who gave us the Specials without missing a beat....it is my pleasure to compliment these two gentleman!! They were on point 110% attentive,courteous,professional, personable they made our dining experience an exceptional one!!! The food was AMAZINGGGGG!!! Expensive but worth every penny !!! Steak flavorful and tender....butternut squash with a hint of brown sugar and the creamiest mashed potatoes!! The cream of broccoli soup with bacon and cheese.... devine!! The brownie dessert , to die for! Our meal ended with two content, full bellies and two warm towels to wash our hands .....kudos to Leo and Mike our service was impeccable!!! Our compliments to the chef as well ....unbelievable flavor and quality !!!! Back to the room for a little tv and a great nights sleep in a comfortable bed with crisp, great smelling linens ..... Fluffy towels and soft luxurious robes in the bathroom .... Nothing was overlooked or spared in this beautiful little hideaway ! We were blessed to find such warm people , great food and comfort! I give this Inn and its staff 10 stars and recommend it to all who read this review that I am so pleased to leave ! Thank you for a wonderful stay !

• Stayed: September 2012