“Veey nice boutique hotel”
Review of Inn On Broadway

Inn On Broadway
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had very nice room with jacuzzi. Linens were very nice and bed was quite comfrtable. Jacuzzi was great and shower was amazingin size. Included breakfast was good. Negatives were elevator, parking free but not greataccess to elevator, staff needs seasoning. Location was ok, but no view. Would still come again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to jacuzzi suite
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wayne M
There are newer reviews for Inn On Broadway

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

What a "hoot"! It was a delightful. The "Inn" blends the best of tradition & trendy boutique, to give a truly memorable experience.

Oh, dinner... I had the most delicious dry-aged "petite" steak dinner in the dimly lit Lounge Bar, listening to eclectic jazz & modern fusion. The staff are great too; especially Tina, my effervescent waitress, and Marie, the Lady Boss. Ah, Bliss!!! I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank John J
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We were in town for a wedding at the Harro Ballroom. This hotel was within walking distance and looked nice so we chose it. The hotel itself was nice and our room was nice and large. The shower with three shower heads was awesome and the bed comfortable. I did think it was odd that the room door only had a lock in the door handle, there was not that extra lock/ stopper at the top of the door like in other hotels. All staff that we encountered were very pleasant and helpful from the valets to the front desk. I did find it odd that the breakfast that came with the room was only offered from 7am to 10 am on a Sunday. Needless to say we did not make it down for it. For the price of the rooms I would have thought the breakfast hours would have been longer, or that they would have delivered it to the room. I thought that the price was a bit high for the location/area that it was in. However due to the pleasant staff I would probably stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

For the last several years, my daughter and I have spent a weekend together and call it our Mother/Daughter Weekend. This year we decided to combine our weekend with taking my grandson back to college at R.I.T. in Rochester, NY. We always try to stay in small, boutique hotels, and since the reviews for the Inn on Broadway were so glowing, we decided to stay there for two nights in spite of the ~$250 a night rate. We have spent that much in other places and experienced not only a lovely lobby and room, but friendly, knowledgable staff who were helpful and pleasant. Not so at the Inn on Broadway. The hotel itself is beautiful and it is very close to everything you might want to do or see in Rochester (why I gave it a "3" rating, otherwise it would be a "2"). The housekeeping staff was wonderful, but we were underwhelmed by everyone else. Long story, but after complaining about noise (not just the wedding booming under us, but also loud rap music coming from somewhere) we were finally moved to another, smaller room around 11:30 PM. The breakfast was OK, but nothing special -- just a little cut above what you get at almost all hotels these days for free. The person at the front desk was so unpleasant to us that we avoided asking her any questions and just figured out where to go on our own. I think better management might help this hotel, but otherwise it will be out of business soon. Seems their restaurant (which we didn't try) may be the draw more than the hotel rooms. Such a shame, because it really could be a fabulous place to stay if they cared more about their guests.

Room Tip: Don't take room 312!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nllatplay
fdmgr, Manager at Inn On Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Inn on Broadway. I am very sorry that your stay was not an enjoyable experience. I took the liberty to e-mail you a personal message and do hope that you decide to visit us again. I strive for complete customer satisfaction and hope you may be willing to give us a second try in the future.

Guests please note: Our Inn features a ballroom on the 2nd floor which hosts wedding receptions weekly, guests on the third floor may hear music from the ballroom during an event. Music is not allowed past 11pm. If you are sensitive to music or are looking for a quiet evening in your guestroom, ask for a 4th floor room. We will always do our best to accommodate your requests.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was our third time here in the last 16 months. Very nice stay. Top notch staff with very comfortable rooms and main areas. Excellent decor throughout. They have a real goo locale here and you can walk to countless places nearby to eat, etc. Check out the George Eastman House photography museum - well worth a visit. I look forward to our next visit to Toronto-Buffalo-Rochester area. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carinac820
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were placed in an large adjoining suite (!) in this hotel in August 2012 on our WEDDING night (yeah, at least it was supposed to be our wedding night...), after the hotel we were meant to stay in and had a reservation with gave our room away to another guest that turned up, without verifying. We got there sometime around 1:00 am after a series of odd events in which our other hotel tried to tell us there was no where for us to go. In no way, shape or form is the Inn on Broadway connected to or responsible for what happened other than the fact that eventually we ended up there (I think we got one of the last rooms left in Rochester that night, to be honest).

It was a very strange situation, but the service were was VERY friendly and helpful in getting us promptly situated and even helped us locate numbers to a couple of local cab services. We were only in this hotel for about 3 hours, from 1:00am to around 4:30am the first time, because we had not only an early flight but we had to catch a cab, but it was great. IT's also not far from the airport at all. Clean and spacious rooms, with a fireplace nice fuzzy robes, etc. We were even able to upgrade our room at a discount and get access to the adjoining suite so our friend that gave us a ride and also had an early morning flight (he was there for maybe 3 hours too) could take a nap. For what it was worth, I really loved staying there even though I didn't see much of the hotel and was only there for a couple of hours.

The second time we stayed was in December 2012 - my husband and I went back to find out what the hotel really looked like inside and out and had a good time. Again, we had an early morning flight the following morning and had a cab arranged - picked this hotel since we didn't really "experience" it the first time around and location again. There was a wedding occurring the night we were there and I am a little sensitive to loud music/noise... it stopped eventually. We were not able to be moved because the hotel was full but it was OK. I would definitely go back there.

Room Tip: IF you're noise sensitive, try to request being further away from side of hotel where large even...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband and I stayed the weekend after reading the reviews. Would definitely stay again. Staff is friendly and very helpful with dining suggestions, directions or any question about Rochester and surrounding areas. The deluxe room with feather bed and small kitchenette was really comfy and cozy and very quiet. Loved the decor. The shower with the four shower heads--wish I had one like this at home! Everything is very clean? As previously stated in other reviews, the location is great and within walking distance of many pubs and restaurants. Continental breakfast was good, with a nice variety, be sure to try the pastries.

Room Tip: Offsite fitness center available.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple