All reviewsgarden suitepark avenuesleeping porchowners susanbed and breakfastperfect nightbeautiful victorianprivate bathspanish omelettewithin walking distancenext morningcomforts of homeperfect locationquiet streetbreakfast was amazingsitting areacookies
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This B & B has a very friendly staff and owners. The location is great - near many great restaurants. Unfortunately, we had problems with our room. It was beautifully decorated.The sink was plugged and the shower door didn't open and close properly. There was someone that came in to look at it but couldn't fix it. The next day the breakfast was interesting. They had bacon and french toast. Other B&B's usually ask give a choice between a small selection. There was no choice here or even a mention of what dietary restrictions there were. Some of the granola and other dried fruit was a bit old and stale.
For the amount we paid for the room you would think that the owners would at least refund some of our money since the sink wasn't functional and really did inconvenience us. They didn't even apologize for the inconvenience. What bothered me was when we left the next day they knew about these problems but still had the room available to book and didn't suggest another room when at the time of booking they were available. Not impressed with that at all. This kind of ruined a romantic weekend away.

Room Tip: Choose one of the modern decor rooms. Check the sink, toilet and shower when you check in.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
sudeeq, Owner at A B&B at The Edward Harris House Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Just a quick note to let the guests know that we had our contractor in on Monday to fix the items on their list with the bathroom. We appreciate their candidness and are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused by these annoyances. Although the rooms and baths have all been recently updated or renovated - it is an 1896 building with all it's wonderful flaws that happen from time to time. We had already sent them a gift certificate to be used for another stay in the future and hope they will accept our offer to return.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

This was an excellent B & B. The room, common rooms, breakfasts, and location were ideal. A real positive experience.

The neighborhood was wonderful, filled with stately old houses. It was a short walk to Park Avenue with many restaurants, coffee houses, etc., and was also a short walk to the Eastman House. Easy access to downtown and the Geva Theater.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RwithS
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I was the matron of honor of the bridal party who got ready here. It was such a great afternoon! We arrived and got settled in the room with all of our things. Soon lunch was ready and we went downstairs to dine on chicken salad croissants, salad and fruit kebabs. So delicious the bride even finished her meal!
The Inn is gorgeously restored and very elegant. The staff was very helpful allowing me to check in early as my husband and I were staying there that night. We stayed in room 2, Emily's Suite. The room is huge!
Breakfast in the morning was great, too. We were seated with the new Mr. and Mrs. and Susan was a wonderful hostess.
The neighborhood is good for walking. Would definitely come back for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
sudeeq, Owner at A B&B at The Edward Harris House Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again sometime!

Reviewed 5 May 2011

We had the most wonderful wedding weekend at Edward Harris House. It was just me (the bride) staying there on Friday night, with my bridal party, hair & makeup stylist, and photographer arriving Saturday morning for "getting ready shots." After making me a special breakfast as I was too nervous/excited to eat too rich of a meal, the staff continued to be accommodating and kept checking on us to see if we needed anything, offering water, fresh fruit, etc. They are all incredibly warm people who are genuinely excited for their guests' special occasions. And the food is absolutely delicious, definitely the best food I've ever had at a B&B (I ate everything on my plate the next morning!). Manny is quite the chef! My husband and I stayed in the room together on our wedding night and definitely plan to return on a future anniversary. The whole experience was just perfect, the room we stayed in (the Emily Suite) adorable and the perfect backdrop for photos, the bed & linens comfortable... everything was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2011

My husband and I were looking for some place special to celebrate his birthday. We wanted to stay within an hour of Buffalo. We saw this place on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. We were glad we did. Susan and Manny were very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome in their family's home. There were snacks in the room, bottled water, and all the tea and coffee you could ever want. Park Avenue has many great places to eat. We loved Magnolia's Deli. It has a huge menu, something for everyone's taste. Try the sesame salad. It was the best salad I have ever had. The very best thing about this B&B was the breakfast. One word-outstanding! There was fruit, french toast, cereal, oatmeal, orange juice, coffee, tea, and oh yeah, english muffins and toast. We left very full and very happy. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2011