“It's a cool college hangout but go because that's what it is”
Review of Piranha Sushi Bar - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
san francisco
“It's a cool college hangout but go because that's what it is”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Get the octopus salad - it really is good, shaved and the right amount of dressing. The sashimi platter (chef's choice of what goes on it) is enough for 2. It's a place where Mexican tacos, steak are on the menu as well. Don't get the miso soup, there's a layer of oil that miso soup isn't supposed to have.

Is it worth it, yeah, it's chill but if you know sashimi and sushi - just see it as a nice place to hang out and the stuff they serve is what they serve. Lower expectations on food if you are a pro at it. Otherwise, you won't know the difference and the waiter (1, I think) is nice.

• Visited October 2012

“Amazing sushi”
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

A perfect addition to the park ave atmosphere, piranha strives to give people only the best quality sushi. I have been here multiple times as a native rochesterian, and I must say that this is my absolute favorite. I highly suggest the 12$ chef special! 2 amazing rolls of the chefs choice.

“Worst sushi restaurant in rochester. Would not recommend it.”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The food is average and the service is extremely poor. There are plenty of other sushi restaurants in rochester with better sushi and better service. If you want snobish service and to be seated and ignored for 20 minutes, this is the place for you. The last 2 times I've gone to this restaurant, the service has been very poor. If I could give it a -1, I would. The last time we went, we were seated, ignored for a good 20 minutes without menus until my brother-in-law had to ask for a menu. When he asked for a menu, the woman said that she wasn't working, and our waiter circled around us while he greeted his other tables without ever acknowledging we were there. We ended up walking out of the restaurant.

• Visited May 2012