“Beautiful beach and park” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 140 things to do in Rochester
Pennsauken, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach and park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Today the Lake Ontario's water was clear and blue. The park and beach was very clean. Very relaxing place. Very appealing restaurants in the area. Also snack bar on the beach. Wonderful pier, good for leisurely strolls and for fishing.

Visited June 2014

Grass Valley, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Sneak Peek”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We were in the park a few days before the seasonal opening of the carousel when I noticed a door open.. I found it being cleaned up for the coming weekend. I asked if we could come in to see the attraction. The lady was so kind and answered all of our questions about the carousel. We took many pictures of the hand painted animals and figures inside the building.. Im sorry we missed the opening but we did get a sneak peek...

Visited May 2013
1 Thank jjoker9
northeast US
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“"Closed" but still busy..do reviewers understand this is a Great Lake and the city has no control over water bacteria?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Went on downtime between games and found it really nice for so off season, plus it was comfortably full with walkers, couples, a few grilling. Also fun to watch the Yacht Club training. They were doing seasonal repairs so we didn't see anything of note like the carousel, but stuff was well maintained, as in fresh paint on benches and gazebos and no splinters. However they need to have open bathrooms at lease for daylight hours. There were some eating establishments open that were busy. Overall pretty, nice, the walkways out far seemed popular, plenty of fishing boats, a few sailing, etc., I would recommend this for a break, and bet it is nice in the spring/summer. I don't get the issues people have with water bacteria. This is a National Great Lake so it isn't a Rochester control issue I'm aware of..sounds like any shore anywhere that might be closed..it's a big, wide world remember. I didn't see police, which did and didn't surprise me since they don't hang on the beach area in my town except in season, but for the area it just surprised me, or no shady characters, but I did see a trash picker so always beware where you toss anything personal. ONLY complaint was needed restroom open so hou don't have to leave. Beach was clean enough many were shoeless.

Rochester, NY
137 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Stop by!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

It's free. Besides the nice views of the lake and the merry-go-round, there is a lot of fun people watching to do. It's a great place to spend an afternoon- grab food & drinks at a local restaurant then walk it off on the beach. They've cleaned it up a lot too!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jenhaught
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Place has suffered over the years.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Took my family there today and the smell was so bad we had to immediately leave. Sewage and fish smell was terrible. No swimming and tons of loud parties going on with music blasting. Nobody was there monitoring there kids at the playground. Kids throwing wood chips at eachother screaming swear words. Wasnt like that when i was a child.

Visited August 2013