“Great for Lunch with work associates”
Review of Tony D’s

Tony D’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony D’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,363 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Myself and two friends enjoyed a nice lunch recently. Two of us had this chicken breast special served with chick peas and escarole marinated in a zesty chicken broth. Our other friend enjoyed some sort of small personal pizza which looked amazing.

The chicken came and it was HUGE! It was a full chicken breast and I had to take half of it home, but lucky me, I had yet another good lunch at home the next day! We sat outside as it was a very nice day so that made the dining experience even more enjoyable. It's right on the river so I am sure it gets busy. It was moderately busy but we got there just after opening (11am) so we were able to sit pretty much where we wanted.

I need to come back and try that pizza! Make sure you put this on your list if you visit Rochester. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The food was authentic Italian. Sauce was like home. Wait staff very nice. The people in there were your stereotypical "Gavone" Italians: silk suits, gold jewelry, loud talking, accompanied by mindless bimbos. Worth a visit for the food and since we are visitors, we'd go back unless we get our butts kicked for this review...

Reviewed 5 July 2014

There were 6 in our party out to celebrate 2 very special 4th of July birthdays. I realized that due to the location and the date 7/4 that they would be very busy, made the reservations for 8pm in hopes of watching the fireworks which are launched from the other side of the river at 10pm. We were promptly seated and ordered our drinks which arrived promptly then ordered our appetizers, and upon arrival ordered the food 4 pizzas & 1 Chilean Sea Bass, & the wait began. We were given numerous reasons why the food was not served in a timely manner, & at 9:50pm got up and left.I believe that if an honest attempt was made by the front end management to truthfully explain to us what the hold up was I would be more understanding, however 3 of us in our party were told 3 different reasons & I believe none of them truthful.This experience left a very bad taste and it was not from the food that was not served. Neither I or anyone in the party plan on visiting this establishment again, hasta la vista Tony D's.

6  Thank Rick L
Reviewed 27 June 2014

decided to give it a second try. The food was good...not burned or cold like previous visit. We did enjoy the view on the deck area, our waitress was great. There are other wood fired places we like better, so probably won't ever go back. Beware thou...parking is horrendous..and minimal at best. Poor planning by the City of Rochester.

1  Thank Lorroth1
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Good food. Good service. Great place to eat! Parking sucks though so just use valet. The place is always packed and there will probably be a wait. But it is worth it.