“Great wines and terrific experience”

Casa Larga Vineyards
Ranked #27 of 148 things to do in Rochester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Casa Larga Vineyards is one of New York's premier wine producers; has been a driving force in the evolution, growth, promotion and recognition of Finger Lakes Wine Region and is home to the New York State Ice Wine and Culinary Festival every February, the Purple Foot Grape Stomping Festival every September, and in the summer, our ROC Patio Parties plus we are home to Bella Vista, Rochester's premiere event facility. Casa Larga Vineyards just south of Rochester New York, occupies 45 acres of land and is the gateway to the Finger Lakes. We produce eleven different varieties of grapes including: Chardonnays, Rieslings, Gewurztraminers, Pinot Noirs, Merlots, Cabernet Francs, Cabernet Sauvignons, Vidals and others. Casa Larga Vineyards is also highly regarded for its production of award-winning, world class Ice Wines and its Vidal Ice Wine is recognized as the most awarded Ice Wine in the United States and has won over 100 awards including the "Best Dessert Wine Trophy" and "Best in Class" at the International Wine & Spirits Competition in London England.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I visited Casa Larga and were blown away by not only the quality of the wine but the overall tasting experience. They offer several different tasting options (some with pairings and some without) and for this visit we opted to select 5 wines to sample. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. We will be back!

Cathy F, Manager at Casa Larga Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2014

Sorry on the delayed response to your kind words, we so appreciate your feedback. We are always trying to up our game when it comes to wine tastings. Our staff have great creative ideas and are always trying something new. If you have an out of the box wine tasting idea, send it over, we would love to give it a try. Thanks again for coming to see us, we appreciate your support.

All reviews
in 17 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Took approximately a dozen family/friends for a tour and private wine tasting. The individuals worked with me to schedule the gathering. They were busy since it was a weekend and had special functions as well but they were upfront about the activities and we realized we were coming at a busy time. Since it worked in our schedule we booked it and everyone in our party had a fabulous time. I had ordered a fruit and cheese tray for the wine tasting and it was okay but I think could have been presented in a different way with small plates for individuals to take. The quantity was substantial (as they stated) and we took the balance outside to a picnic table to supplement some wines we purchased to enjoy the outdoors and the remainder of the afternoon. The only other negative I would have is that they did not have adequate offerings of water since they knew we had two minors and would want to rinse out our wine glasses during the tasting. I was also told that the minors could have other drinks offered which was not the case. So I think Casa Larga could be excellent but I took off for the above reasons.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

On a beautifully sunny cold day in February, 3 ladies enjoyed a wonderful tasting of wine and chocolate. Generally I am not a red wine lover, but when paired with the chocolate the result was amazing! They also have a choice of pairing the wines with cheese. It was tough making a decision. Our tasting expert was Denise. She was very knowledgeable about each of the wines, and it was clear that she had done this many, many times. Her enthusiasm was infectious. She was good to us-and very flexible in meeting our individual needs.
All of the wine was good-but I ended up purchasing the Medium Dry 2012 Reisling which was my absolute favorite. It was a recent gold medal winner. I also purchased Lilac Hill a blend that reminded me of a Reisling. I also bought Sparkle which was a light sparkling red wine...yummy.
It was great to meet up with 2 lovely young ladies from New Jersey that were in Rochester attending a conference and decided to do a wine tasting. They were a lot of fun-and added to our enjoyable day.
My only suggestions would be some stools for the wine tasting, as well as a place to hang coats for the winter season. The tasting area is fairly large-and it seemed like 3 tasting experts could easily work behind the area without stepping all over each other, which made for a very nice size.
Overall, Casa Larga is a wonderful place for an afternoon wine tasting. Unfortunately we were unable to tour-as the grounds looked beautiful, and I know that many weddings take place at this location. Go...enjoy a great day at Casa Larga!

1  Thank Laurie P
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Upstate New York vineyards are amazing and extremely fun for a day trip but they are further than going just for an afternoon so Casa Larga is a great alternative, much closer and beautiful. The venue is stunning for private events at all times of the year, the wine is delicious and the service is always top notch.

1  Thank Shelliu