“Nice staff -- good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Peppa Pot

Peppa Pot
Ranked #627 of 1,268 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Rochester, New York
“Nice staff -- good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

First time I have ever been here and have had very little Jamaican food in my life. I went with a group of 14 and we took up most of the location. Think of it as a little neighborhood restaurant. Family run. The food is all prepared ahead of time and the menu is very limited. i would have no objection to eating there again. If you are familiar with the South Wedge area they are just a few blocks from all the other stores.
I really felt like i was at a friends house for dinner. The staff made us all feel right at home and answered questions about the food and Jamaica. When we noticed that no one had ordered one of the menu items, the owner cheerfully brought a large sampling over for all to try.
This is not a fancy place to eat - more of like sitting down at the kitchen table with the family. When I left I remember making sure I remembered the name because I wanted to go back another time.

• Visited March 2013

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Flavorful Jamaican with Soul”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

The food has to be the star here as the restaurant is not much to look at. About 5 bare Formica tables and a handful of paper napkins. But the dining format lends itself to the long-cooked Jamaican specialties like Brown Stew Chicken and Jerk Pork which are served from the steam table. The flavors in the proteins are well developed from long slow cooking. The sides typically include beans and rice, some boiled vegetables, fried plantains and a hard dumpling. Service is casual and friendly. Prices are cheap. So if you go for dinner be prepared for them to be out of some items as they only make so much and can sell out early. Take-out is quite popular here.

• Visited November 2012