“Great food, great service, out on time.”
Review of Char

Char
Reserve with OpenTable
Char is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,313 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Third time there. We got the oysters-on-the-half-shell, iceberg wedge salad, autumn beet salad, two Filets Mignons with blue cheese sauce caramelized on top, Brussels sprouts, wild mushroom risotto, flourless chocolate cake with salted caramel ice cream, and date-mascarpone mousse with sweet potato ice cream. Every course was beautifully presented and tasted fantastic! Always love their steaks, which apparently are wood-fired and then oven baked. The portions looked small, but we definitely left feeling full. The menu has what is expected in a steak house, but with lots of inventive variety. We commented on our reservation that we had to leave for a concert by a certain time. Our waiter (Mark) was very mindful of that from the beginning, and despite describing the desserts in mouthwatering detail, he got us out early without feeling rushed. Modern but not harsh décor. Have not made use of their outdoor fire pit yet, but looks like a fun place to enjoy a drink on a temperate Rochester night.

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here for our anniversary. Valet parking was very easy. Table was nice and our "helper" server was very nice. Our main waiter was ok but never introduced himself and was very busy with a 10 top so we didn't hear much from him. Enjoyed a nice cocktail and beautiful seasonal salad. The steaks were amazing but the sides were typical steakhouse sides, nothing amazing. Desserts were beautiful and delicious but a litle large. Overall a nice evening.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Had the pleasure to eat here for business. Our group consisted of 10 people and management was kind enough to seat us in a more private part of the restaurant.
Staff was good, gave great suggestions on menu items, and was attentive. I ordered the duck which was perfectly cooked.
I did notice that the prices were a tad high, but I would definitely classify this as an upscale restaurant worth the money.

Good port wine selection as well.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We had a delicious meal at Char. Their scheduling seemed a bit odd. I was told they didn't have at table for 3 at 6:30. I took a 6 pm reservation. We were seated in an empty dining room that remained empty for the first hour that we were there.
The service was attentive and professional. The lobster salad was good but on the small side. They specialize in steaks and has a great selection of cuts of meat and sauces. I had the lamb T bones and my wife had the Delmonico. They were cooked to perfection. The sides were tasty and made to share. Excellent sherbert sampler for dessert and a date/marscapone torte. The tab was substantial but the quality of the food and service was worthy.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Went here for brunch, and it was so good! I had the stuffed french toast. The atmosphere is really chic and that it was probably the best french toast i've ever had. Have been here before for drinks and appetizers, the cocktails are a little pricier(about $10) but they're worth it, and it is a fun classy place to go.