“Great, lasting flavors”

La Casa Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 1,300 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Opened February 25, 2013, La Casa continues to celebrate the flavors of Mexico by serving classic dishes such as Enchiladas de Mole and Empanadas as well as daily chef creations. The cantina offers an extensive tequila list and craft cocktails made with fresh ingredients including the classic Paloma with housemade grapefruit shrub and El Burro Borracho, made with El Jimador Tequila, Ginger liqueur, fresh-squeezed lime juice and ginger ale. Open Daily!
Reviewed 3 July 2014

the food is authentic, the drinks are well done and flavorful. We had guacamole, cactus tacos and ceviche fish. Strange stuff but the flavors were some I had never experienced and stayed with us. We look forward to the doggie bag tomorrow. The service is average. We sat outside in great weather. The ambiance is very friendly but so-so. My complaint is that the outside seating is at large picnic tables. You sit on a bench and after a time it becomes uncomfortable.

There are newer reviews for La Casa Restaurant

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've read a lot about the other more casual Tex-Mex place around the corner - but they were closed so we wandered into La Casa for lunch. Lucky strike there! First of all, the decor is charming: chicken wire railings, holes in the fence for trees to poke through, old doors repurposed to open the bar to the fresh air -- no shortage of entertainment for the eyes here. This is one of the lost effective house-to-restaurant conversions I've enjoyed visiting. We chose to eat at a picnic table. The deck's piped in music matched the menu. We had the sopes with beans, rice and FRESH salad, as well at the steak tacos. My mouth is watering now as I think about it! There was no need for the hot sauces they brought to the table as everything was seasoned to perfection. I forgot to mention that there was a complimentary basket of seasoned tortilla chips and salsa too. They have an outstanding beer list, but this was lunch and I wanted coffee. My only complaint, and it's small: coffee was $2.50 a cup! And it comes from Boulder Coffee right across the street! For $2.50, they could offer a refill, right? This of course will not stop us from visiting again and bringing friends along.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Ok this is our second time here. Wife liked this place so came back.
Food is decent. But Our server was NOT flexible at ALL. We wanted to mix and match. Answer was NO CANNOT do that. I cannot imagine owner allows this.
And also no HOT sauce at all.

Luv spicy.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Excellent Mexican food! The carnitas were the best around and the empanadas were FAB! The service was the only part of the experience that made it less than perfect. The second visit hit all the right notes!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food was as good as in Texas! Wine by the glass, great margaritas, homemade tortilla chips. Great all around!