“Nice Bistro Atmosphere”

Veneto Woodfired Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #143 of 1,271 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: Veneto is a casual dining restaurant located in downtown Rochester's East End district. For 13 years, we've specialized in from-scratch, light Italian food in an old world atmosphere. Our atmosphere is upscale, yet casual. The kitchen is our centerpiece, as it should be, and set up so that you may watch your meals being prepared right in front of you. The exposed brick in our 150+ year old building and wood furniture provides a warmth and if that's not enough, the wood fired pizza oven reaches 600 degrees. We'd be honored if you would dine with us and let the food, service, and ambiance speak for itself.Our Signature offerings include wood-fired pizzas and hand-made pastas.
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Nice Bistro Atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We enjoyed a light dinner there last evening during the Jazz Fest, sitting at the food bar watching the activity in the open kitchen. The mushroom pizza was excellent and the spinach salad was fresh with nice crunchy and sweet/tart touches. The wine selection is above average, but perhaps a little overpriced. Service was prompt, professional and personable. Overall a nice bistro-style experience.

• Visited June 2014

Rochester, New York
“Dining with a view”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our friends asked us to join them at Venetos after they had dined there a couple of times. I had wanted to try it so this was a good excuse. I always had the feeling that it was crowded and hard to get a table. False. Yes, our reservations were at 5:30 on Friday evening but it was during the East End Festival and we had no problem getting a reservation. Three of us ordered pasta the fourth got a steak. We had salad and bruchetta as starters which were very good. I had the farfalle with vodka sauce and although the sauce was good it could have been a bit spicier for my taste. The service was very good and the restaurant filled up very fast. We sat in a window seat and were entertained by all the young people walking by to the East End music venues. We enjoyed our meal and would definitely go again.

• Visited June 2014
Rochester, New York, United States
“Good pizza, passable everything else.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great wood fired pizza. Passable everything else.

Good location downtown. Street parking which I can usually find nearby otherwise there's a paid parking lot right next to it. Outdoor seating which is a good plus when the weather is good.

The place isn't too big but I've never had difficulty finding seating even without a reservation. The kitchen area is right in front of the bar and you can see them make the pizza which is cool. The decor has an earthy/wooden feel which is nice.

I've been here a few times and tried a few things. I've discovered that all the pizzas are quite well done and taste delicious no matter which one you end up getting. The salads are hit or miss. I've had a delicious Greek salad but a very mediocre grilled chicken salad here as well. Same goes for the soups. You get the daily special soup and that's your only option. While the broccoli cheddar soup was just what my taste buds craved (though not as hot as I would have liked - temperature wise), the 12 bean soup was just okay. The Bruschetta is decent and I would order it again.

The servers have been very helpful and pleasant every time I've dined here. Prices are reasonable and I believe maybe a little cheaper than other wood fired pizza places. They offer gluten free pizza and pasta and allow substitutions which is a plus.

All in all a nice cozy place for a casual dinner with a nice atmosphere. Three stars because of plenty of room for improvement in most menu items other than the pizza. Will come again.

• Visited May 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Quiet, low-key pizza experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was traveling alone so it's a nice restaurant where easy to sit at the bar and enjoy your meal with a glass of wine. The pizza and salad very good, pastas looked worth trying.

Visited May 2014
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never Disappoints”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great Food. Friendly Service. Fair prices. We always enjoy our dining experience at Veneto's. It is one of our favorites.

Visited April 2014