“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Just had a great meal with my husband's family in Rochester New York, everything was excellent. We will go there again it was really good.

2  Thank Nicole B

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I went to Bacco's last night. Have been wanting to go there for the last year and finally did last night. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had dining out. Julie our waitress, unbelievale. The atmosphere is so warm and cozy. Our food, from the appetizer to dessert was an A+. I am excited to go back, I think I have found my favorite restaurant in Rochester. The best part of the night, is the owner of the restraurant approached our table about 3 different times throughout the night to make sure we were enjoying everything. Anyone that has not been here, you need to try this place. Best experience ever dining out, and food was 5 out of 5 in my books.

3  Thank Paula h
Reviewed 7 August 2013

A business colleague and I ran across Bacco's in our travels last year, and now it is a "can't miss" stop every time I am in Rochester. Giovanni, the owner, is truly grateful for your presence and tells you as much the moment you walk through the door. The place is a converted house in a neighborhood (there's parking in the back).
Now, I am a Boston Italian who has relatives in the restaurant and produce businesses, so I am not kidding when I tell you the food is as good if not better than anything you can find in the North End.
Giovanni cooks his own bread and serves it with a wonderful dipping sauce of EVOO, crushed red pepper, basamic vinegar, garlic and other stuff. Delicious -- watch out that you don't spoil your appetite because the rest of the food is fantastic.
You can't beat the caprese, carpaccio, beans and greens (an upstate NY specialty) mussels or calamari for appetizers. For a meal -- last time I had lasagna to die for -- big and flavorful. Previously, I have eaten Gnocchi Bolognese, Linguine and white clam sauce, Linguini Pescatore and Veal Saltimbocca -- all are tremendous. I can't give you a review on the desserts because I have always been too stuffed to try them!!!
The wine selection is not the largest, but Giovanni has picked out some excellent selections both for bottle or by-the-glass purchase.
And when you leave, Giovanni will hand you his card and remind you to call him personally before the next time you come in.
DON'T MISS THIS PLACE

1  Thank Edward F
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

From the beginning of our arrival the owner and our server Julie made us feel welcomed. The homemade bread and salads that come with each meal were wonderful. Six of us went for our friend's birthday and everyone had something different. Gnocci, veal saltinbocca, veal bacco, lasagna, risotto and every thing was delicious. I loved the potatoe wedges that came with the veal. I can't wait to eat my leftovers.

Even the wine pound cake and warm cinnamon roll that we shared was a pleasant conclusion to our dinner. Prices were reasonable. We all highly recomend this restaurant and can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Zumba2010
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We had some wonderful meals in rochester but this was outstanding. From the initial phone call where I felt as if Giovanni, the chef, was an old friend, to the excellent food and service the experience was a delight.

1  Thank Janet D