“Nice homestyle, famigilia type restaurant”
Review of Bacco's Ristorante

Bacco's Ristorante
Ranked #110 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant for dinner last month, on the advice of other reviews on TripAdvisor. We wanted to try another restaurant that night but it was closed for vacation so we ended up at Bacco's. We were pleasantly greeted by waiter and owner. My boyfriend ordered the lasagna and I ordered the Veal Milanese. The veal was tasty as was the lasagna, except that the lasagna had too much sauce. We don't like a lot of sauces/gravies. We did not advise the waiter/cook of this at the time though -- just that if we ever were to go again, we'd be sure to ask for minimal sauce. Otherwise, it's a great little place!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We were in Rochester for a convention and had read the reviews for Bacco's and we had to go.....best decision! They were wonderful. Very authentic and such a nice/ quaint atmosphere. Food was fantastic. ...we had caprese, beans n greens, gnocchi and veal. Great martinis too. Definitely coming back next time we are in Rochester. Thanks Giovanni for getting us in on a Saturday night without much notice.

1  Thank Tami D
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Starting with the warm greeting by Giovavanni, we felt we had chosen a special place for a dinner while visiting RIT for graduation weekend. The restaurant is located in a decent neighborhood, in an old renovated house. There are only about 12 tables, so there's a feeling that you're visiting old friends for dinner. For those wanting atmosphere, this place was OK.There's a varied menu and I chose the Veal Saltimboca. Meal was average, the veal seemed overcooked, kind of dry and hard. The sauce made up for the problem with the meat. My wife had the rolled veal special and said the same. The salads were plain lettuce with a little bit of oil, no tomato or cucumber. Nothing special here, actually kind of disappointing. All in all, good atmosphere, average food, and average pricing. I wouldn't go out of my way for a return.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at a nearby hotel and were too tired to drive so we looked for a local restaurant within walking distance.Upon arrival, we were a little apprehensive as it was in an older house. Warmly greeted by owner and his wife (who waited the tables). Excellent neighborhood Italian restaurant. Good wine choices at affordable prices. Don't second guess yourselves, try Bacco's. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Bacco's is a great restaurant to go for a special celebration or if you just want great Italian food!! The veal dishes are so good, I don't think you can go wrong on what ever you pick!! The owner, Giovanni, makes sure you are enjoying your meal. We also got a chance to meet the chef(a great one too)!! The waitress was great and we enjoyed talking with all of them! Save room for dessert ! We will be going back for sure :-)

2  Thank browns74