“Thai on Park” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Rochester, New York
“Thai on Park”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

In the midst of restaurant row on Park Avenue sits Esan. It's really easy to miss but I suggest you don't. Went for lunch with a friend and got the lunch special which really didn't come with anything extra but the price and size were adjusted, I'm sure, to fit a lunch size appetite and wallet. I even had enough left over for lunch the next day. There was only one guy running the front but he kept things flowing rather efficiently. The food was good but my friend, who had just started a new diet, left her entire rice portion. The waiter told her that the next time just ask for no rice and they'd give her more of the entree. We both thought that was a nice option for our next visit. The only problem with this place is the front door. It leads directly into the dining area. We went on a cold, spring day and everyone who entered seemed to hold the door open indefinitely. It made our lunch a very cold ordeal even the waiter kept running over to close the door or to remind folks to come in and not stand in the open doorway. Don't you think people would know this?!

• Visited April 2013

Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Visit Often”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I go to Esan often because the prices on lunch specials are great, the portions are generous, and very tasty.
Also, they are quick and friendly. You can place and order for pickup, or eat in. I like eating upstairs when I can.
My favorite menu items are the spring rolls, vegetarian Masamaun and Vegetarian Panang. There are many choices on the menu.

• Visited January 2013
Rochester, New York, United States
“WORTH THE VISIT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

This is the BEST place I have ever eaten at!

I eat here once a week... maybe more!

Great prices-Family owned and attended!

I HIGHLY suggest you try it..

• Visited October 2012
Rochester, NY
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

Wanted to go here for a few years--checked it out--knew it was questionable from other reviews. Ordered a drink and calamari--told the waitress we wanted to wait for awhile before our main course was delivered; she was in our face from before we even ordered the appetizer--wanted us to order; the place only had 2 tables filled--she stopped the order after my husband asked her if she had put it in--when we asked for our dinner-my shrimp was COLD. It didn't have flavor--pushy--rushed--won't go back--too many other good Thai in town.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“GREAT PLACE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

The food here comes out FAST- Service is FAST and promt... Prices are normal. 6-9 dollars a plate.... Great place...with outdoor seating. Make sure you go to the bathroom before you go- as their bathroom is the size of a box and located awkwardly in the middle of the kitchen. lol

• Visited August 2012