“Amazing atmosphere, service and food!”
Review of Hogans Hideaway

Hogans Hideaway
Ranked #509 of 1,321 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Where to start...by boyfriend and I loved everything about this place! From the homemade complementary bread service, to the lovely, sweet, and attentive waitress, to the delicious soup of the day (curry veggie with chicken - yum!), Hogan's Hideaway was a perfect find just around the corner from home. I had a pasta special for my entrée and it was divine - several, large, sauteed shrimp, fresh tomato sauce, and a pasta that didn't taste out-of-the-box. My boyfriend loved the buffalo mac-n-cheese so much we've been trying to recreate it at home, to no avail. With all of the great restaurants in Rochester, especially in this Park Ave area, we keep reminding ourselves not to stray far from home and return to Hogan's! I can't think of one complaint.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

After a friend's graduation there were ten of us who went to Hogan's Hideaway. Everyone loved their food. The ambiance was eccentric but very warm and friendly. Food ranged from Cluck and Mac (delicious!) to surf and turf, steak with crab meat on top, pork belly tacos, crab cakes and chicken pot pie. Everyone loved their meals. Drinks were good, cold beers and great mixed drinks. Service was amazing. Our server was excellent but all the other servers pitched in as they walked by taking away empty dishes etc. Would go back here if I am ever in that area again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We usually go to Hogan's with a group and enjoy fine, reasonably priced supper entrees. They have everything from quiche to hamburgers, plus more complete dinners. Most recently we took our son, just off a plane and hungry for a quick lunch with a good beer. He was quite satisfied with his lunch of chicken quesadillas, but ate only the fillings. The beer and wine list is quite extensive and our choices arrived quickly and were enjoyed. This is a reliable source of appetizing food, with lots of choices, including vegetarian. We will go again.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

fifteen years ago this was one of my favorite places on park avenue. I just returned to Rochester & treated my girlfriend to brunch, she loves the place. Hogan's has changed, the place is bigger, the food is still excellent, excellent prices too, great cozy bar area, I suggest checking Hogan's out!

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The food and service is above average. The ambiance inviting with old time feel to it. The menu isn't extensive and yet is diverse enough
so that you will likely find something that sounds good to you. It's worth
checking it out for yourself. You really can't go wrong.