“Food ok, service not so great”
Review of Jeremiah's Tavern

Jeremiah's Tavern
Ranked #251 of 1,274 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Rochester, New York
“Food ok, service not so great”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have been to Jeremiah's a few times. It's a pretty average place. This past time we were over charged and the waitress hardly checked on us.
People were coming in and out. There were probably 10 tables and one waitress in the back room- until halfway through the meal another waiter began serving others.
The alcohol is WAY over priced- be prepared!

• Visited April 2013

Upstate N.Y.
“It is indeed a mystery.........”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have friends that like this place. I arrived early, sat near the bar because although there may have been room to sit there, it was hard to tell because of the fairly empty glasses that were in front of empty bar stools. Lots of regulars I guess who got a lot of attention from the bartender. In fact I had to wait an inordinate amount of time to be served while she yakked it up with others. The first spot I waited for friends at smelled of urine. Couldda been a patron. Couldda been the floor. Couldda been my imagination since my friend didn'ty smell it. The 4 of us moved to a table in the far room. Did I mention there is a lot of noise?
Anyway. We had garlic parm wings which arrived in a lined plastic basket. The wings swam in a quarter inch of mystery fluid- grease?- sprinkled with cheeze. And buffalo wings. Not special in the least. Really awful shrimp bang bang that had not the slightest bang whatsoever. The Guiness and the table service were ok. But I cannot imagine returning.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank swampknot
Rochester, New York
“Fun, but wings overrated”
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

Cool bar, good beer and prices but the wings are WAY over rated. Mine were soggy and not good. Definitely not the best in Rochester, not even close.

1 Thank Tom K
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Went to the one in gates twice now and have not left satisfied either time. The first time I ordered the fish tacos and they were ok but had a weird sweetness flavor to them that was not pleasant. I figured that maybe wasn't something they did well so I gave it another shot. The next time I ordered the French onion soup which was very good, and the bang bang shrimp which had good flavor but was saturated in the sauce that was thick awkward (almost a fatty gelatins texture to it) the flavor was there but the texture grossed me out. Not to mention our server was no where to be found. She didnt even refil my drink.

Rochester, New York, United States
“Wings!”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Have not made it out to the Gates location. Monroe Ave has been remodeled. Their wings are my favorite. Always have a good selection of beers on tap too!

Visited November 2012