“Good find in Rochester”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm lucky - I've had the pleasure of dining in a lot of fantastic restaurants. Rooney's is a fine establishment, and the food's tasty. We had the lamb and the duck - both tasty. Appie wasn't terrific, but the ambience and staff made up for it :) Also time spent at the bar after dinner was also excellent. Definitely a must-visit. I'd go again, next visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We've been here before for special occasions and always enjoyed it. We both got the Beef Tenderloin and it was excellent. I don't like beef at all red or bloody and most restaurants under or over cook it. I asked for Medium and it was perfect! I do think their prices should include salad - menu is a little pricey for what you get. Also, the menu doesn't seem to change much - but ambience and service is excellent.

1  Thank frenchbull
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a dinner date night with my wife. The food was excellent, the service was too. The restaurant was a little dated but the food more than made up for it! We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Been here twice. Was in no way dissapointed with any aspect. The ambience is clearly one of the best of any restaurant in Rochester. Lace tablecloths, wood paneled walls, real fireplace, quaint enough to address your individual needs and seasoned enough to have a very nice selection of entrées and specials that ate unique to Rochester. I had the rabbit and my date had the lamb chops. Mussels for fois gras were our appetizers. The weakest link was the fois gras but even that was still good. Save your pennies if you need to, for that special occasion, but Rooney's should definitely be experienced.

1  Thank Molly K
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We really like Rooney's and try to attend very year when they have the chef in from France. I experimented with the Veal stew. Wish they couild have been a little more generous with the veal. Not much meat. Thank goodness my wife got the lamb chops and shared. Steak tartare was good. Excellent service.

1  Thank Clarkvara