“Salena's Mexican”

Salena's Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Salena's Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 1,300 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013

In the mood for Mexican food...and a margarita..?? Salena's is the place. Nestled in the entertainment hub of the the Village Gate...Salena's make ROC's best margaritas.

1  Thank cdgiordano
There are newer reviews for Salena's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

For starters, the salsa was excellent, and the waitress was nice, but it was all downhill from there. The jalapeño peppers were stuffed with mozzarella. They need to find a more authentic cheese, since this is a Mexican restaurant, not Italian. (Then again I doubt they use much cheese in Mexico). The burritos had potential, but they were also stuffed with mozzarella which was way too much cheese on top of the poppers and the queso. This place has a great location and the service is good, but more of a Tex-Mex, or should I say Italian-Mex.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Came here with the family and the visit started off great with the hostess smiling and being very polite. The server was fantastic. I had the pork belly tacos which were awesome. Will visit again when in NY

2  Thank Dueltravelers
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Went here with a bunch of girlfriends. We made reservations because we had a large group. We were seated right away and our waitress was friendly. They have a yummy beer, an agave ale, I loved it. Everyone loved the food, I order the fish tacos which I highly suggest! It's a little pricey. We sat inside, but they do have a nice patio if you can handle the smokers, which I can't. Only negative.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Service good. Food terrible. Ordered nachos which was chips with melted cheese and lettuce thrown on it. Where's the meat etc...? I ordered a chicken burrito and that is what I got. Chicken wrapped in a tortilla. No lettuce or cheese or sour cream etc... There wasnt even parsley or some kind of something to make it look appealing on the plate-white burrito on a white plate. There were also fruit flies around the table which were a nuisance. Won't go back.

2  Thank Bigapple20