“Hard to find but worth the search”
Review of Pomodoro Grill

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Culver Rd.
Newark, New York
“Hard to find but worth the search”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We took our daughter and two of her college friends to dinner here. Appetizers were great, dinners equally good, but dessert??? Wow! Wonderful! Portions here were huge! Lots of leftovers. The only drawback was getting to the restaurant. It's hidden behind a vacant business site. More signage would have been helpful.

• Visited October 2013

Rochester, New York
“Pricey & Limited Menu”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I dined at this restaurant with a friend last weekend and I was rather disappointed. Although our server was wonderful and what I ordered was very good, the prices were quite high and the menu was extremely limited. For one thing, I've never been to a restaurant that claims to serve Italian food that didn't have some kind of pasta with meatballs on the menu! It's what I really wanted and was put off that they didn't offer this Italian classic. What I did have was an appetizer sized portion of crab cakes that were delicious, a CUP of soup and one glass of wine and my bill was $30! My friend had an appetizer, salad, one cocktail, entree and dessert which set her back $70. By the way, her rating of her entree was a 7 on a 1-10 scale. That's not good enough to entice me to return :(

• Visited October 2013
Kingston, Ontario
“Great atmosphere, service and food.”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Wherever we travel, we like to ask the 'locals' where they would eat. My niece suggested this restaurant, saying it had character, a really nice patio, good service and great food. I wasn't disappointed. Just the opposite. I was quite impressed. When we walked in the door, I noticed everything sparkled as the light filled the room. It was wonderfully clean. There was no waiting and we were seated right away (It was a Sunday, so things may have been a bit faster than a Thursday, Friday or Saturday). We selected the patio, which is not your average street-side patio. This restaurant and the patio are in an old building tucked in behind/beside others. There are mature trees, lots of plants, and a feeling of seclusion. Really nice. Our waitress introduced herself, gave us a couple of minutes to decide on drinks and followed through our whole meal with prompt, efficient and very friendly service. She was attentive and aware but wasn't hovering. I ordered the Linguine in Gorgonzola Sauce, and it was to die for!! A big bowl of linguine topped with lots (!!) of sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and prosciutto in an awesome gorgonzola sauce. Gorgonzola can easily be overwhelming if too much is used, but this was perfection. Kudos to the chef. I was too full for desert, so cannot comment on that. I feel the drinks, wine and food offerings are broad, reasonably priced and very good value. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
Rochester NY
“2 recent visits”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Had not been to Pomodoro in a while. But in July we went twice. Sat on the patio, which is lovely. hidden away among trees and plants, NOT on the street since they sit back behind another building.
Good service.

Food was very good. Wine choices were also good.
I sometimes forget Pomodoro's is there since it is kind of hidden, but when we go I always enjoy the food here.

It is a nice mix of italian/mediteranean food. paella, cioppino, pasta dishes, all are good. I have not tried their pizza, but hear it is also very good.

They have a second Pomodoro on Monroe in Pittsford, but it is in a shopping plaza and you sit by the parking lot if you are outside. I choose to stay with the original on University ave.

• Visited July 2013
Rochester, New York
“Very Nice Time at Pomodoro”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I really enjoy Pomodoro. The deck is fantastic. If you line Northern Italian this is the spot to go. The flat breads are also excellent.

• Visited July 2013