“fun spot”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 December 2013

had breakfast sunday morning. crowded but no wait when we arrived. great atmosphere. check out the history of the place. there are a ton of choices and a ton of specials. lots of egg bennys to choose from. some over the top choices included ice cream topped chocolate pancakes, boston cream pancakes, strawberry cheesecake French toast, Andouille and shrimp eggs benedict. they offer real maple syrup and fresh squeezed oj. love places like this. prices very fair.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I just celebrated my 68th birthday and to start my day off I wanted to have breakfast at the Highland Park Diner. What's so special you say. Well I've lived in the neighborhood of Highland Park all my life and I've never been to the Diner. So Now it was time. I ordered the Ham and Cheese Omelet which I always order and it was very good. The diner itself is charming and what I expected. My GF gave me some NYS scratch off tickets for my birthday and wanted me to open them while I was waiting for breakfast to arrive. Well surprise! I won $50.

Now read this. Right after our breakfast at the Highland Park Diner we headed to Wellsboro, Pa for a weekend of sightseeing. In Wellsboro, Pa they have the Wellsboro Dinner which is a clone of the Highland Park Diner. What are the chances of that happening. So on our last day in Wellsboro we had breakfast at the other diner. Check out my photo.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

You will step into the Highland Park Diner and feel as if you have traveled back 50 years in time. While the decor is classic it is well kept and clean. There is generous selection of menu items to choose from, I had soup and a burger both were very good. Nothing but good times at the Diner, I would return.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Decided to try this diner while visiting my son, who is a student at UR. There was a line when we arrived at about 11:45 but happy to report that they move their customers through quickly while providing great helpful service and very good diner food. We did not feel rushed, the waitress was patient and offered some good tips about the menu choices. There are many options and specials to choose from which could make your decision difficult! Heard many good remarks from customers leaving the diner while we waited, which added to the difficulty of choosing our food because so many of their menu items looked delicious. We were not disappointed with our choices. My husband had the Mexican Benedict, (there were at least 8 different types of Benedict's to choose from )my son ate the Breakfast Sandwich and I had the Mediterranean panini. The portion sizes were a good size and everything tasted great. I will return and next time try the Banana's Foster French Toast! My mouth was watering when I saw that prepared plate pass our table! The diner's fun atmosphere enhances the experience. If in Rochester, stop by the Highland Park Diner!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Known for the area's best diner food, the Highland Diner delivers on atmosphere, service and quality food. Serving everything from breakfast fare, sandwiches and burgers, to dinner entrees, I've had the pleasure to dine here several times and every time has been delicious and good size portions too. If you're in the mood for any kind of "benedict", they have it here! Their wraps and paninis are great too. Pink neon booths and 50's diner ambiance make this fun. Everything homemade, service prompt and enthusiastic. Worth the effort to venture out - you can't go wrong.

1  Thank Snert41