“Great Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Aladdins Natural Eatery
Ranked #62 of 1,262 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Millbury, MA
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

The decor and layout of this restaurant is quirky and it's a little shabby but the food is excellent and extremely reasonably priced. From the hearty lentil soup to the baba, hummus, grape leaves, falafael and pasta dishes, it's all fresh and delicious. LOVE this place.

Visited February 2014

Rochester, New York
1,884 restaurant reviews
“Love their Middle Eastern food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I really enjoy Aladdin's Natural Eatery, although I very seldom visit the location in the city (Monroe Avenue). Instead, I usually make it to the one in Pittsford, by the Erie Canal.

Anyway, I met my wife on Monroe Avenue today for a rare weekend lunch date, as I had to work in the city today. This was more of an appetizer kind of meal, as I wasn't overly hungry but still wanted something good to eat. I ordered a bowl of their lenchili, which is half lentil soup and half chili. It's actually a pretty nice mixture, and most people eat it vegetarian style, although you can also get it with chicken on top for $5.00 extra. I also ordered the appetizer of falafel (Falafel Plate), which came out with Tahini dressing, and slices of cucumber and tomato. What I didn't realize was that either of these dishes is big enough for lunch by themselves! The falafels were the size of muffins...no kidding! They were pretty good, although not the best I've ever had. I think that honor goes to a place in Syracuse back in the 1980s. But no one who eats this entire dish will ever go hungry for the next 6-8 hours...it's huge!

The dining room (all three levels of it) were empty at 11:30 AM, and still pretty empty when we left an hour early, so don't worry about getting a table there. No problems with that or service, which was also good. I enjoy this restaurant, and will continue to visit it several times a year.

• Visited February 2014
Rochester, New York, United States
“Okay, but my bar for Middle Eastern food is pretty high”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I work for a human rights organization in the West Bank, and the falafel, bread, hummus, etc. just doesn't compare. Also, I really don't like mushrooms; they're not typical to Middle Eastern cuisine and for some reason they're in a lot of the dishes. Still, there are plenty of foods I do like, and the service is good.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, New York
“Always fresh and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Since discovering Aladdin's on Monroe about 4 months ago I have become a "regular" and definitely have to get a fix of their FRESH food at least once a week. I have had the pita pockets, pasta (Verdura w/Shrimp - WHOA so GOOD), and the multiple salads. Everything has been delicious! No issues, and the service has been great too! The desserts are a great finish as well. I sometimes get take out - if you do take out ordering stick w/cold entrees, as the pastas are served with more sauce in the large eat-in plates, and when trying to fit it all into take out containers you don't get as much sauce. My friends and I go very often, and are never unhappy. It is well worth the $. Check out the menu online before you go so you know what to expect if you are on a tight budget.

• Visited November 2013
Forest Hills, New York, United States
“Authentic & Delicious Mediterranean Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Being a New York City resident, I have eaten at my fair share of Mediterranean restaurants. Some of these NYC establishments have been the best I have ever tasted. While visiting friends in Rochester, I wasn't expecting to taste anything close to what I was accustomed to. Man, did this place prove me wrong. Serving a variety of fresh homemade pastas, pita sandwiches, salads, and Mediterranean dishes (like Souvlaki and Moussaka) this place puts a lot of love into their food. You can tell that everything here is made with the freshest vegetables and meats. I had the gyro platter... freshly grilled and just-made tzatziki sauce, it had me wanting seconds. My fiance had the chicken salad pita, which features a very unique style of chicken salad, tons of veggies, and is enough to serve two! Now, in the interest of full disclosure, our good friend's family are the owners and operators of this establishment. However, with the amazing food we were served on our visit, theres no room for bias here... it's all the truth. Also, a piece of important advice: there are several Aladdins in the Rochester area... they used to be a chain but are now all separately owned. From what I understand, the other locations don't put the love and care into the food that this location does. So remember that not all Aladdins are the same! Choose wisely :)

• Visited September 2013