“Finger licking good, neighborhood seems unsafe”

Unkl Moe's BBQ & Catering
Ranked #724 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Barbecue
Buffalo, New York
“Finger licking good, neighborhood seems unsafe”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent ribs and sauce! But a bit pricey for ribs and menu. Personable staff. Also its in desperate need of an update.

• Visited January 2014

Rochester, New York
“Take the advice of the waitress”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We liked it here but you must go with the spirit of the place. Today we ordered breakfast...eggs, grits and bacon for me. The bacon was very good. My husband took the advice of our wAitress and got fried haddock and grits....whoa. very nice job.
Anyway, this place is not aiming to impress you by its appearance. Follow your instincts and get ready to eat. I'm guessing the ribs are wonderful....will let you know

• Visited July 2013
Graham, NC
“By far the best restaurant in town!”
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Unkl Moe's is at the top of our list when we visit Rochester. The barbeque is great but my favorite is breakfast: salmon patti (with a little kick), grits (perfectly prepared with melted butter), rye toast & southern sausage. Moe & his family/staff are super nice and the service is always fast. The restaurant is very clean and the focus is on great food.

“Best BBQ in Rochester hands down”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Forget your Dinosaur, your Sticky Lips, your chains....this is down home Southern BBQ as it was meant to be. No, it's not in Pittsford and it's not fancy...BBQ ain't supposed to be fancy, folks! The rest are good, Unkl Moe's is the best.

Webster, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food no doubt, but wont touch that area one more time”
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I went with my huby there once, because we heard the ribs are good. And the food was incredible, no doubt, my huby was amazed by the $ 11 ribs.

But guess what happen when we stepped out the restaurant. A guy went right toward our car before we get in, and asked for cash. He mentioned three time that "Are you familiar with this area? this is not a good area" Honestly I have not been that area before, and my huby only have one hand usable (he just went through a surgery 3 weeks ago), so... I gave him all cash in my purse. I shared this experience with one of my friend. He said I made a right choice. He had been that area and forced to purse a package of cigar for a stranger. He said I am lucky to have cash with me that day, because usually I don't, I do everything with cards. so added on the cash I pay for that stranger, we might dinner in a really fine resturant. I am just wondering that the owner of this resturant have no idea ppl are doing such thing in his parking lot. so, no, I won't be there one more time in my life.