“Great pizza establishment - and wonderful Easter breads, too!”

Savastano's Pizzeria & Bakery
Ranked #496 of 1,288 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
upstate new york
“Great pizza establishment - and wonderful Easter breads, too!”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I have been frequenting this Italian bakery/pizza spot for over 30 years. It was down the street from my place of employment, and has excellent pizza. Their famous mini-pizzas are perfect - from red, white, steak, olive/pepper/onion white garlic, spinach ricotta, eggplant, cauliflower & broccoli white, they are all fabulous. I love them cold as well, but warmed in their oven they are superb. Since my place of employment closed several years ago, I miss my regular weekly visits - and make special trips from the east side of Rochester to the west side just for their pizza. During Lent, their St. Joseph's bread is (in my opinion) better than any other west-side bakery. It also makes wonderful French toast. Their Easter bread (frosted, of course) is a family favorite, and during the week prior to Easter they make decadent STUFFED Easter breads - our family fave is the chocolate chip-ricotta-cinnamon stuffed bread - always huge, and gone in one day. I would not recommend the Italian cookies other than the almond paste ones - others are pretty dry and bland...head down the street to Etna's for the classic Italian cookie!

• Visited December 2011

Seminole, Florida
“The Best Steak Subs and little pizzas!!!”
Reviewed 4 May 2010

A must for anyone who loves pizza, bread and subs! Although they have way more options available . The store on Spencerport Road, Gates, NY has been the one I frequent when I need my fix..Go...then you'll go back again and again!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I think this is were we...”
Reviewed 23 November 2007

I think this is were we used to get our pizza and if so then I love it

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook