“The food is wonderful”

Ranked #236 of 1,271 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“The food is wonderful”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The atmosphere of the restaurant is nostalgic, with pictures of stars,visitors and entertainers. While the pictures my remind you of days gone by, the food is excellent, with an antipasta bar and italian dishes with excellent sauce and flavor. Their gnocchi's are to die for and are so light they melt in your mouth. My husband also also loves the shrimp and scallops scampi over pasta. The prices are reasonable and their ricotta pie is something you have to try.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Patricia H

“Neighborhood Icon”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Nick's has been a fixture in the Sea Breeze area for over 40 yrs and I hope it stays another 40 more. Food here is wonderful as well as the service. Meals are well prepared and plenty enough to take home. You always feel like you are home here especially if you frequent it as much as we do. I love seeing Nice walking about checking on things...shows you why they stay in business.
Place is great for two or for a party if out celebrating. Check out Nick's and you won't be disappointed.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Barbra H
Rochester, New York
“Nick's: Rochester Italian-American rules”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Nick's is a can't miss dining destination for memorable dinners. The printed menu is a diverse and wonderful tribute to Italian-American cuisine in upstate NY. Better yet is the dinner buffet offered on the first three days of each week: a wonderfully vast assortment of antipasti, salads, soups, and primi and secondi courses. Whether you order off the menu or happily graze through the buffet, the servers at Nick's are excellent. Nick's is not about pretense, presentation or preening: it is about very tasty Italian food in a happy environment at an affordable price.
Cannot recall a single thing to hold against Nick's, and can recall many instances to hail Nick's as a happy Rochester Italo-American destination.

Bella!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Matt14617
Rochester, New York
“Seems like it has been there forever!”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I think their sauce is exceptional. On Sunday they offer a dish that
has sauce with bits of pork in it....just like homemade! They had
delicious bread served on a board. Salad was great too. Not a fan
of the buffet although I have tried it. My only complaint is that one Sunday I came in alone and was seated in the bar area although there were seats available in the dining room. As a woman, I thought they could do better.

Visited August 2012
Rochester, New York
“I agree place went down hill”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I feel the same way as some of the people this place went down hill. First time it was great,my husband and I try different places Then we take Friends, the second time. we told them how great this place was what a disappointment this place turned out to be the food and the service was terrible they were in a hurry to get rid of there customers , being there weren't to many customers I could not understand why they were rushing everyone it was early like 8 pm I guess someone had a date!!! And to tell the truth their food is not worth the price we felt so bad we had to take our dinner partners out on us again Thanks Nick's Sea Breeze Inn.

• Visited March 2012