“Diverse Menu, dependably good food, great indoor and outdoor seating”
Review of Jines Restaurant

Jines Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 1,321 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This restaurant has been a family-owned Park Avenue institution for many years. Jines serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The service is terrific and food is dependably high quality.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Upon visiting Rochester for a quick part of a road trip recently, we were directed to the hip part of town on Park Ave for a good lunch spot. I was really excited as I had never really been into the city before. This restaurant one of the first places we walked by and figured it would be really good because it was packed.
Honestly, I was not impressed in any way. Actually, I was literally disappointed we had missed out on probably better options. First of all the menu is a hot mess. What are you? Greek specials, Italian Specials, Mexican dishes, American dishes. My inner Gordon Ramsey wanted to go on a literal menu rampage. With pages and pages of ridiculous options, none of us even chose anything special- burgers, wraps, and a sandwhich with fries. Apparently they have a good breakfast, but we certainly weren't told this by our waiter, who didn't have a clue. The decor was ugly, food mediocre, service was so-so, and no one even said good bye as we walked out. We liked the booth we sat in because it had a good view of the street with great people watching... and that's about it. Blah.

2  Thank alissamgraham
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Our recent trip to Rochester included a trip to Jines restaurant for breakfast. The food was good and the coffee was super hot which was great! My son had Eggs Benedict and my DH and I had hash and eggs. We were pleased. Would recommend for sure.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Visited Jines for the first time yesterday for breakfast. Was very pleased with it overall. The meals are interesting, portions are satisfying. Staff was friendly and eager to please. I like it when the wait staff goes on break and introduces the person covering the table, instead of just suddenly disappearing.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This restaurant is located in the trendy Park Avenue area of Rochester, which is wonderful for browsing in boutique shops, art galleries and people watching. It is a largely 20-30's area, however, the restaurants draw all ages and are busy during lunch hour. I ordered a chicken ceasar salad and was more than dissappointed. The chicken breast was very small and was so overcooked it was beyond dry. There were an over abundance of large croutons as if to make up for the lack of chicken. Beyond that the staff was friendly and service attentive. Prices are reasonable, so maybe ordering another dish I would have been much more positive on this establishment.

1  Thank Bobs3636