“Not really Irish”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Not really Irish”
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

Looking for a nice Guinness ... not here. Howevery, they have nice wings! We were looking for a sports bar to watch the Jets vs Bill game. Thought we could kill two birds with one stone. Wrong on on both counts, the game was blackout in the whole area and the pub could not not pour a decent Guinness. We ordered Hot Wings with a side of "Glow-in-the-Dark" sauce on the side. The wings were decent, waffle fries Excellent!

Buffalo, New York
“Ahh, Guinness”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

It wasn't Ireland but it wasn't bad! We visited TP's after a kids hockey game with 5 other families. It was noisey so we didn't have to keep telling our kids to be quiet - that was nice. The food was fairly standard and the wait not too bad, considering we came in as a big group, which they accommodated rather well. Food and bar selections were generous and pricing pretty standard. Wouldn't mind stopping in again the next time we stay at the near by Courtyard Hotel.

Visited November 2012
Rochester, NY
“Very loud”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

It was very loud and the food was average at best.

Visited June 2012
Syracuse, New York
“Better Options Are Available - Pass on TPs”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I've been to TPs (or the formerly known as Timothy Patricks) about a dozen times - all for lunch.

Solid crowd everytime, you'd think the servers do fairly well here - yet, I've never gotten good service, in a reasonable amount of time, and the food was average at best.

The servers always seem to have a somewhat negative attitude, don't appear to be trained all that well, no urgency as in recognition that most people for lunch are there during work so speed should be somewhat valued, and the food options aren't anything spectacular.

Bottom line - for your standard PUB type food (salads, burgers, etc.) there are way too many good to great options in the Rochester area to stop here.

The 12th time was my last - sorry!

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank MikeofAmerica
Rochester, New York
2,035 restaurant reviews
“Very nice, even if it's not very Irish”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I like this little pub-restaurant, although I've got to admit that it hasn't seemed as authentic since I spent two weeks in Ireland last summer!

The salads in this restaurant are fairly average to me, but I've always enjoyed the hot sandwiches. They have an Irish version of a Rueben sandwich that goes down well with fries and a Guiness. They also have a number of pasta dishes that I've enjoyed, but have never seemed to be very Irish to me. The decor inside (which includes a bunch of Irish family shields and patterns) is probably more attractive for the wood tones than for the ethnic connection, but it is still very nice. (I like it when they have their fireplace going in the dining room.)

Make this a place for a nice family meal, but not for a fancy dinner. It's priced right, too...I do recommend it.

Visited October 2011