“Still the king”

Ranked #599 of 1,300 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Whenever i get to Rocha Cha I eat at Campi's I was born here and always loved getting these piled high steak sandwhiches

There are newer reviews for Campi's

Reviewed 28 April 2013

There was one reason I had to go to Campi's - this massive sandwich I had heard about called the Steakbomber. It is a massive steak sandwich served on what looks like the largest hamburger bun available. This is a sandwich to be eaten with a knife and fork. I walked into Campi's on Scottsvale Road in not the most visually attractive part of town - a rather small run down section of commercial amidst some older residential homes. Campi's itself does not look particularly appealing - a yellow sign advertises the restaurant which is a long flat roofed brick building and a small parking lot. Inside the restaurant doesn't look like it has changed since the 70s, which kind of adds to the atmosphere. I walked up and ordered my sandwich from a very pleasant woman who talked to me about the place and Adam Richman from Man vs. Food. The cook was also chimed in and it was actually quite a fun experience just ordering my first Steakbomber. When I got the sandwich, it was everything I expected - big, messy and very good! I was expecting a little salty, but with all the ingredients on it, I was pleasantly surprised. I knew enough to order just one sandwich to split between my wife and I because I couldn't finish off one sandwich to myself! I went here on a Saturday at about 5pm and the place was very quiet which turned out to be a great idea since the majority of Rochester's restaurants on Saturday night sport very long waits.

2  Thank Tazaemon
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Campi's has the world's BEST steak sandwich, imho. I visit this place whenever I go up north from TN. The decor is quite intriguing. :-) Go see for yourself! Has game machines to play while waiting for order. Whatever you order get a side of their original sausage HOT sauce. Yum! Not as spicy, nowadays, as it was in 2000, though. The only downside to this restaurant is that it is located 900 miles from where I live. Oh, lest I forget, their haddock fish fry on Fridays, is out of this world and my hubby's favorite. I promise that you won't eat fish and a steam that good, ANYWHERE!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

A big menu to pick from and it is all good, and reasonably priced, and cooked right in front of you. The specialty of course is the "Steak Bomber" about as big as your head this pie sized hot shaved beef " goliath can be served with peppers, onions, mushrooms, your choice of cheese and of course Campi's famous hot sauce. Get a bomber and enjoy. Scottsville Rd in the City

1  Thank sightseer14
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

This place was on Man vs. Food. It is a good greasy food place with some huge sandwiches to try... Steak Bomber anyone?! Everything I have tried has been good. So if you want some large portions of good greasy food this place will fit the bill.