“Wokery ... a great place but now closed”
Review of Wokery Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wokery Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Rochester, New York
“Wokery ... a great place but now closed”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

As the other reviewers have said, it is (was) a great place to take family and friends. Great service, good food and the kids loved watching the cooks through the glass window into the kitchen. Decor was getting a bit dated, but still a fun place to go.

Unfortunately, a sign on the door says the owners retired on January 31, 2013 and that the restaurant is now closed.

• Visited March 2013

Spencerport, New York
“Great Chinese Food”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We've been eating at the Wokery since it first opened in 1984. My son used to love sitting by the window to watch "his" food being made. This is another one of our local favorites - services is good and fast, food is fresh and delicious. I usually get the shrimp and scallops in a cream sauce - this is the only place I've ever seen this dish. Good place to take the family or a large group.

• Visited July 2012
Rochester, New York
“Revisited after 20 years”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I first went to the Wokery back in 1984 when it opened. My parents took me and it was amazing. After all this time, and living in many other cities and now back in Rochester, I went back with my kids. They still have the window where you can watch the cooking - I remember how cool that was. The decor is definitely dated. But the food was great and my kids loved the tea! We had steamed dumplings - the dough was a little thick but good and a nice sauce. Also had the spicy beef and sesame beef. Both were very tender and the veggies were crisp and the sauce was flavorful and not too heavy. They also have a children's menu and my one son got the shrimp - nice big shrimp in a delicate sauce. And our service was outstanding. We will go back again - so happy that the Wokery is still around.

• Visited August 2012