“Best soups in Rochester!!”

Magnolia's Deli & Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
A TripAdvisor Member
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I come here for the soups and salads. Absolutely the best soups in Rochester. The spicy pepper jack with sausage and mushroom Brie are my all time favorite soups and the honey lime shrimp salad is to die for. The rest of the menu is good, but not stand out like the soups and salads. Parking can be a big problem so prepare to walk!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stopped for a late lunch (2:00) on Sunday. The restaurant was hopping but we had a table within five minutes as the hostess predicted. The menu has a nice variety of salads, hot and cold sandwiches, and soups. You can even build your own sandwich. Our waitress, Sarah, was attentive and very knowledgeable, offering suggestions when we asked. One of the best service experiences I have had in some time. Despite the restaurant being very busy, the food was delivered very quickly. The staff works as a team and another staff member cleared our dishes when we were finished. They also offer a nice selection of hot and cold beverages, wine and beer, and desserts.

Great place to dine in the warmer weather as they offer sidewalk seating with a nice view of Park avenue.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My daughter and I stopped by for a quick supper, not sure how late they ould be open. ALthough we showed up about twenty minutes before they were to close, they were great. Never Felt rushed and the food was outstanding. Definitely there is a return visit in our future!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Some friends and I recently stopped at Magnolia's for lunch. I was visiting from out of town and wanted eat a place that had great soups, salads, and sandwiches. Magnolia's definitely delivered on that.

Since it was a gorgeous day, we opted to sit outside. It couldn't have been a more perfect summer day in Upstate NY to sit outside and have lunch. The neighborhood is cute and seems like a great place to walk around. It made for some nice people watching.

We were seated immediately and our waitress was nice and attentive.

They have a half sandwich/salad/or soup combo that I really wanted to try, but it only applied to the basic deli sandwiches and I really wanted to try one of the specialty sandwiches (the Rising Sunflower). I was resigned just to get a bowl of soup, since i didn't want a whole sandwich, but the waitress said that it was easy to do a half Rising Sunflower since it wasn't a complicated sandwich, so I got what I wanted in the end :)

I also got the tomato, artichoke, and cheese soup with the baked crostinis. It was amazing. Probably one of the best soups I've ever had, and it was a generous cup (more than an actual cup of soup). I can't begin to think how large the bowl would have been. The Rising Sunflower did not disappoint either, but the soup was the most memorable. The sandwich was grilled perfectly and the bread had a nice crunch to it. I've never had sunflower bread before, but it was delicious. Nice and nutty.

My companions had full sandwiches, with a side. One partook in the special of the day which was a grilled buffalo chicken sandwich. The other had the Rising Sunflower as well. There were compliments all around and we all ate every morsel.

Any time I'm in Rochester, I would be delighted to return to Magnolia's.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This was my first trip to Magnolia's, but my parents go a lot, and the last time my Mom was there, the President happened to stop in. :)

But the food is really good and the portions are really generous. I think they're known for their pizza b/c the menu says they'll serve them until they run out of dough, which makes me think that happens a lot. I got a half soup half salad and it was huge! The Caeser salad was really good, very bacony. Definitely great for lunch or if you're looking for a lighter dinner.

The really put the tables close together though, so its a bit tight in there.