“Fantastic place on Park Avenue”

Magnolia's Deli & Cafe
Ranked #51 of 1,268 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester, NY
“Fantastic place on Park Avenue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We just happened to read about Magnolia's in the newspaper recently. I did not realize that it's the place that President Obama stopped at last August! I have been to many places on Park Ave., but we never tried Magnolia's until a couple weeks ago. If you can find a parking spot, it is well worth your trouble. The menu is chock full of fabulous salads, wraps, sandwiches, soups and pizza. We have been there twice in the last two weeks, and I can't wait to go back and try everything on the menu - the French Onion soup is the best I have ever tasted…. not too salty and loaded with onions. Awesome looking desserts in the dessert case, we tried the triple chocolate cheesecake and it was so good I don't even want to know how many calories are in it!! Great outdoor seating in nice weather. Fast, friendly service. I'm telling all my friends to try it and we plan on eating there a lot this summer. Many choices for vegetarians, too.

• Visited May 2014

A TripAdvisor Member
“Best soups in Rochester!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I come here for the soups and salads. Absolutely the best soups in Rochester. The spicy pepper jack with sausage and mushroom Brie are my all time favorite soups and the honey lime shrimp salad is to die for. The rest of the menu is good, but not stand out like the soups and salads. Parking can be a big problem so prepare to walk!

Rochester, New York
“Great lunch setting on Park Avenue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stopped for a late lunch (2:00) on Sunday. The restaurant was hopping but we had a table within five minutes as the hostess predicted. The menu has a nice variety of salads, hot and cold sandwiches, and soups. You can even build your own sandwich. Our waitress, Sarah, was attentive and very knowledgeable, offering suggestions when we asked. One of the best service experiences I have had in some time. Despite the restaurant being very busy, the food was delivered very quickly. The staff works as a team and another staff member cleared our dishes when we were finished. They also offer a nice selection of hot and cold beverages, wine and beer, and desserts.

Great place to dine in the warmer weather as they offer sidewalk seating with a nice view of Park avenue.

• Visited December 2013
Elmira, NY
“Great place, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped by for a quick supper, not sure how late they ould be open. ALthough we showed up about twenty minutes before they were to close, they were great. Never Felt rushed and the food was outstanding. Definitely there is a return visit in our future!

Visited December 2013
Charleston, SC
“Yummy noms on Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Some friends and I recently stopped at Magnolia's for lunch. I was visiting from out of town and wanted eat a place that had great soups, salads, and sandwiches. Magnolia's definitely delivered on that.

Since it was a gorgeous day, we opted to sit outside. It couldn't have been a more perfect summer day in Upstate NY to sit outside and have lunch. The neighborhood is cute and seems like a great place to walk around. It made for some nice people watching.

We were seated immediately and our waitress was nice and attentive.

They have a half sandwich/salad/or soup combo that I really wanted to try, but it only applied to the basic deli sandwiches and I really wanted to try one of the specialty sandwiches (the Rising Sunflower). I was resigned just to get a bowl of soup, since i didn't want a whole sandwich, but the waitress said that it was easy to do a half Rising Sunflower since it wasn't a complicated sandwich, so I got what I wanted in the end :)

I also got the tomato, artichoke, and cheese soup with the baked crostinis. It was amazing. Probably one of the best soups I've ever had, and it was a generous cup (more than an actual cup of soup). I can't begin to think how large the bowl would have been. The Rising Sunflower did not disappoint either, but the soup was the most memorable. The sandwich was grilled perfectly and the bread had a nice crunch to it. I've never had sunflower bread before, but it was delicious. Nice and nutty.

My companions had full sandwiches, with a side. One partook in the special of the day which was a grilled buffalo chicken sandwich. The other had the Rising Sunflower as well. There were compliments all around and we all ate every morsel.

Any time I'm in Rochester, I would be delighted to return to Magnolia's.

Visited July 2013