“Famous Soup!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Newark, New York
“Famous Soup!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My daughter took me here to celebrate my birthday and I LOVED everything I ordered! I started either a cup of the "famous soup" as my closest friend calls it. When President Obama visited, he had the cup of this soup with a half sandwich..It is a creamy tomato soup made creamy by cheese....I wish I could figure out what kind! They then add artichokes!! Then....they top it with two crispy pieces of bruschetta. Amazing.. Order the full bowl at your own risk if you are super hungry or that's all you're having. We ordered wraps, yummy, TONS of filling! I had the antipasta wrap. Took half home to eat later. For dessert, we shared a piece of in-house made apple pie. The crust was sort of like strudel. Not the topping part, but the bready, cakey part. Go, you won't regret it!

• Visited April 2014

Bridgeport, Alabama
“Great French Onion Soup and Salad”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stopped by Magnolia's on Park Ave. and I ordered the French Onion soup and the Julienne salad. It was waaaaay too much food but it was great! I also had the 5 beer sampler. I really enjoyed the Highlands lager and thought the blueberry beer was too fizzy.

• Visited May 2014
Rochester, NY
“Fantastic place on Park Avenue”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We just happened to read about Magnolia's in the newspaper recently. I did not realize that it's the place that President Obama stopped at last August! I have been to many places on Park Ave., but we never tried Magnolia's until a couple weeks ago. If you can find a parking spot, it is well worth your trouble. The menu is chock full of fabulous salads, wraps, sandwiches, soups and pizza. We have been there twice in the last two weeks, and I can't wait to go back and try everything on the menu - the French Onion soup is the best I have ever tasted…. not too salty and loaded with onions. Awesome looking desserts in the dessert case, we tried the triple chocolate cheesecake and it was so good I don't even want to know how many calories are in it!! Great outdoor seating in nice weather. Fast, friendly service. I'm telling all my friends to try it and we plan on eating there a lot this summer. Many choices for vegetarians, too.

• Visited May 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best soups in Rochester!!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I come here for the soups and salads. Absolutely the best soups in Rochester. The spicy pepper jack with sausage and mushroom Brie are my all time favorite soups and the honey lime shrimp salad is to die for. The rest of the menu is good, but not stand out like the soups and salads. Parking can be a big problem so prepare to walk!

Rochester, New York
“Great lunch setting on Park Avenue”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stopped for a late lunch (2:00) on Sunday. The restaurant was hopping but we had a table within five minutes as the hostess predicted. The menu has a nice variety of salads, hot and cold sandwiches, and soups. You can even build your own sandwich. Our waitress, Sarah, was attentive and very knowledgeable, offering suggestions when we asked. One of the best service experiences I have had in some time. Despite the restaurant being very busy, the food was delivered very quickly. The staff works as a team and another staff member cleared our dishes when we were finished. They also offer a nice selection of hot and cold beverages, wine and beer, and desserts.

Great place to dine in the warmer weather as they offer sidewalk seating with a nice view of Park avenue.

• Visited December 2013