“I keep coming back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I keep coming back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have been better multiple times, and brought different groups of people, and each and every person has loved it, and returned. The menu is Mediterranean, but each day they have various new Latin dishes that are all amazing, especially the sweet baked plantains! Must try!

• Visited February 2014

Fort Collins, Colorado
“More Tico, Please”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went recently looking for Tico (Costa Rican) food - as in "Ticas". Well the "twist" seems to be that they really only do a very limited amount of Tico food as specials. Fortunately, they were serving a "casado" which is a Tico standard. We both had that and were delighted by the flavors in the chicken and the beans. There were only 3 tables of patrons in the whole place on a Friday evening and with that level of business the service seemed rather "leisurely". Prices for the casado and wine seemed a bit higher than I might have expected for what you were getting. The server really sold us on rice pudding for dessert, but we were disappointed the rice was undercooked and the dish had shredded coconut in it (that is not my favorite). IMO if they are going to be a Greek/Med place they should change the branding, or if they are going to be Ticas/Tico they need more Latin/Tico options.

• Visited September 2013
“Nice lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Visited Ticas with a Twist for a quick lunch. There is a nice view of the river and the waitress was friendly. There is a fairly extensive menu that includes pasta, Mediterranean dishes, and classic Cuban specials. I tried a pasta dish with cilantro and garlic. The seasoning was inconsistent; while the bottom tasted great the top did not have ample seasoning. However the pasta tasted quite fresh. I would venture there again to try some of the specials

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, New York
“Dinner out with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I visited Ticas on a Saturday night around 7:00pm. (Cornhill Festival weekend) The entire diner menu seems pretty healthy, I ordered the Gyro plate which was a basically a giant salad with big chunks of what seemed to be sausage. I was confused about what the actual plate was vs. the description on the menu; nonetheless it was absolutely delicious. We sat outside; the ambiance is relaxing and beautiful. The staff is very friendly and attentive. By the time I wanted dessert they were out of many items so I had the carrot cake which was delish and the portion was more than enough for a 2 to 3 to share! I was expecting the menu to stand out with the "Latin American" twist on the Greek cuisine but to me it's just another Mediterranean meal. I suggest you skip out on the adult beverages, they are ridiculously overprices. I paid $7.00 for a Blue moon. They offer a small selection of wine & beer but nothing local or regional :(
I would visit again Ticas with a Twist for dinner and just hit up a bar somewhere around downtown afterwards!

• Visited July 2013
“Pleasant meal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

The food was tasty and portion was generous, I ordered the beef and chicken salad, the meat was nicely seasoned, and the salad fresh! The service was friendly and attentive. We sat outside overlooking the Genesee river, which was perfect for a warm summer afternoon!

• Visited June 2013