“Delightful dining indeed!”

Ranked #81 of 1,321 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$15 - US$42
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: AVVINO opened in 2013 serving contemporary American and worldly cuisine. Chef Tim Caschette's fiercely seasonal menu showcases the restaurant's bonds with local farmers and purveyors. Janine Wasley takes the beverage program very seriously offering a carefully chosen wine list with close to 200 selections and forever changing cocktail program also taking inspiration from seasonal offerings. The restaurant offers three dining experiences: The Main Dining Room, Meyer's Den and The Patio (seasona
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I met my daughter here for a light meal. We sat outside on the well appointed patio. It was surprisingly quiet and cozy for its location. We could not decide between the two entrée specials, so she ordered the spinach pasta and I, the salmon and we traded plates half-way through. Both dishes were fresh and perfectly cooked, with light savory sauces – perfect to dip the warm bread into. Servers were expedient and pleasant; there was an ample selection of wine. If you’re each going to have more than one glass of wine, I would say purchase a bottle to help your wallet. All in all it was a very pleasurable experience and I can’t wait to return with a date!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have had the opportunity to have dinner here three times. And after each meal I ask myself how come I do not come here more often.
Consistently great food and service.
Attention to details is great.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Father's Day date night out featured good food, a nice atmosphere and great service. I had the NY Strip, cooked perfectly although the bed of rough-cut asparagus was lacking in imagination, in my opinion. My wife's seared scallops were fine, but the gem was the risotto, bursting with flavor. They feature an extensive wine list spanning the globe. Don't be put off by the nondescript location in a strip mall, a nice surprise awaits within.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This restaurant hits all the marks perfectly. Excellent food, service and ambiance. A must try if you haven't.

2  Thank Tim_Ingersoll
Reviewed 13 May 2014

From the outside it doesn't look like much but once inside you enter a small elegantly decorated restaurant. The wine list is extensive and the drink menu unique. The menu isn't too big and has a number or unique dishes. The food is delicious but a bit expensive. The service was excellent and everyone working seemed to want to make our evening special.