“Economical, good food, lovely setting” 5 of 5 bubbles

Aladdin's Natural Eatery
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Rochester, New York
“Economical, good food, lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Enjoyed a generous sized chicken pita loaded with fresh lettuce, sprouts, cheese, very tasty and more than I could finish. We sat out on the upper deck overlooking the canal with the boats going by, children feeding the ducks below, a delightful setting. Service was good and the price was right for sure!

• Visited August 2014

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Great food & canal view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This was really good Greek food! I had the Moussaka and it was excellent! Great outdoor seating overlooking the canal in Pittsford! What a quaint place! Loved it!

1 Thank 101Judy
Raleigh, NC
“Great Food, Great Service, Outstanding Waterfront Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you love to eat healthfully and/or indulge in outrageously decadent desserts at very reasonable prices, treat yourself to Aladdin's. We had the opportunity to eat there twice within a week while visiting the Rochester area. There is seating indoors, or better yet, on a patio downstairs or upstairs on a long balcony where diners can overlook the Erie Canal. It was terrifically entertaining to watch a very excited little girl reel-in a fish 2/3 the size she was from a distance of only a few feet away! I cannot eat sugar or gluten products. With the number of tempting items on their expansive menu, I had no trouble finding dishes that would suit ~ what a nice surprise for a change! Both times we visited, every single staff member treated us as anyone would when welcoming a friend into their home. We felt very comfortable there and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. http://myaladdins.com/

• Visited June 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good healthy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

It is remarkably similar to the Aladdin's chain of restaurants in Ohio and PA that they might be related but its defiantly different. The lentil soup was great, and so were the Kabob sandwiches. I was very happy with the service and atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
Rochester
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went to the Schoen Place location to sit by the canal arrived about 12:15 on a Sunday. Well it was packed!! We didn't end up sitting overlooking the canal but sat inside. I'm not sure if it has air conditioning because the doors were open but if you go when it's hot out it'll be sweltering inside. Service was just ok. Had to look for our waitress to check out and had to ask the busser for more water, etc. We also got up to get more napkins ourselves. We started out with the 3 for $8.50 appetizer plate. I mean cheap right? We got the hummus and the baba and spanokopita. Delish. I wasn't crazy about the baba but the hummus was awesome. There was 3 of us and the pita they gave was plentiful. My sis was a first timer and she ate it all up. Kalamatas though only a couple were very good and I know my kalamatas. I haven't been there in years and remembered that the gyro was one of the best I ever had. Not this time around. I ate the first 1/2 of the pita and I thought it tasted rather heavy on the charcoal taste. I opened up the 2nd 1/2 and the meat was way overcooked, burned even. I didn't complain though I just ate the rest of the stuff. Pita was fine. My sisters both had salads which were HUGE!!!You could've gotten 3 meals out of those. My one sister had steak on hers and that was cooked and tasted wonderful! She was the first timer and said she would go with me again if I wanted to go so she really enjoyed it. The next time around, yes I would try again I'll get something else. One more pet peeve that I have; the food runner called the gyro a GIRO..seriously?

• Visited July 2014