“Unique place for food and a drink”
Review of The Old Toad

The Old Toad
Ranked #116 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Rochester, New York
“Unique place for food and a drink”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have been to the Old Toad a couple of times and each time has been very good. I really like the atmosphere here as it feels authentically British. Every time I've eaten here the food has been good. My most recent trip was after a business meeting in the area so I had to eat by myself. I was seated very quickly. The food was brought out with little delay. I had the fish and chips and they were quite good. Of course served with vinegar. My only gripe is every time I've gone the place has smelled a bit bad. Kinda like they used dirty water to clean the place.

• Visited February 2014

South Carolina
“Scotch Egg? Go Here!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Quick stop for a celebratory pint recently. Great beer selection! Good pub menu. Went with a quick scotch egg...the real deal, great!

Cool English atmosphere like you have really stepped into a pub in a London town square. Would certainly visit again!

• Visited May 2014
ROCHESTER NY
“Excellent visit”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Great and varied beer list choices. Dinner options good, and favorably reminiscent of London pub food. I had shepherds pie. Very good. Atmosphere is of a well worn, comfortable local pub.

Visited May 2014
Rochester, New York
“Better than ever!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The startoff was just okay: garlic mushrooms. The Stonehenge salad made up for it. But the vegetarian entrée, Arrogant Beer Bangers, was one of the best vegetarian meals I've ever had. We've eaten at the Old Toad off and on for years, and the quality of the menu items changed with the rotation of chefs. This meal was by far the best I've ever had there. I highly recommend this meal to anyone looking for a tasty vegetarian entrée in Rochester. I think we'll be back more frequently now.

• Visited May 2014
ROCHESTER NY
“First impression was a good one”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Quick visit the other evening w a friend, we needed a cozy place to talk w a few good pints. Very familiar feel and setting to British Pubs I have visited years ago. Good solid beer and ale list, attentive staff. Will be going back for food soon

Visited March 2014