“Average Accomodations, good for airport parking”

Quality Inn Rochester Airport
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Watkins Glen, New York
“Average Accomodations, good for airport parking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

We chose the Quality Inn based on its proximity to the Rochester Airport. Due to the fact that we had an early flight out it was an ideal location. The perks behind our choice were that they offered with overnight accomodations: a breakfast, transportation to the airport and complimentary parking while we were on our vacation. For the price it doesn't get any better than this.
One downside to our arrivial was that we were given the key to a room that was already occupied! I will say it felt quite awkward to walk into a room that had peoples belongings strewn about the room. I am just glad we didn't walk in on people in a compromising position. I called the front desk from the hall, and the front desk lady came down immediately with the correct room assignment.
The rooms were clean, but you could tell they were old. The breakfast food was your basic food offerings for free breakfast, including hot sausages and eggs. I didn't feel it was in the safest of neighborhoods, but we came back from our vacation a week later and our car was where we left it, so that was good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Cashed in some Choice Hotel points for a free stay, so I cannot really talk about the price. The entrance to the hotel is easy to miss when you first drive by, but that's my only real complaint about location. Good breakfast, nice bed, slept like a log. The building was undergoing renovations when I arrived, and I hope they tackle 2 issues: some details in the rooms, and soundproofing. The rooms were nice, but there was some damage to some of the tiles and moldings in the rooms that a periodic inspection could find and address. However, for a hotel by an airport, soundproofing should be a top priority. Noisy neighbors first prompted us to ask for a change of rooms (accommodated within 5 minutes), but a couple early morning flights were quite clear. Not sure that these woke me up, but they were loud enough to keep me from getting back to sleep.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank UofIgirl2000
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed at the hotel during long weekend trip to Rochester and Niagara. This is the perfect hotel if you just want to pass the night and doesn't plan to do much in the hotel. It's clean, seems well-maintained, staff was friendly, room was roomy and equipped with microwave, free-wifi, table and chairs (big enough for in-room dining). The best of all, they have free breakfast and free parking too. The location is also quiet good, within 10 minutes or so to attractions such as National museum of play, Science center, George Eastman house, Dinosaur BBQ, etc. Will stay again for sure

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

I spent two nights here during a business trip. The proprietors recently invested in this hotel and restaurant. The hotel is comfortable, quiet and undergoing some updates. The restaurant next door, Parma Johnny's is worth visiting even if you do not stay at the hotel. The staff are very friendly in a great way. The food is solid Italian and bar fair, with occasional specials like grouper. Based n my conversations with the owners I only expect things to get better and better.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back wing are further off the main road and very quiet, just remember your key card to...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here because it was close to the airport. That is the only redeeming feature of the hotel. It is poorly maintained. The lobby area was being remodeled when we were there, which was not only a mess but very inconvenient.

• Stayed October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

My rating for this hotel is actually closer to around a 4.5 - there were a few minor maintenance issues and the lobby was under construction, but overall the room was nice and clean and the staff, quite frankly, is among the best I've ever encountered at a hotel.

I stayed here the weekend of October 27th-28th as part of an inexpensive overnight getaway for my birthday. The room was paid with 12,000 Choice Privileges points. It's a two story interior corridor hotel with the long corridors and spread out layout. No elevators, as is typical for this style of property. As I mentioned, the lobby was in the process of being renovated, but that didn't affect my stay in the least. Check in was very fast.

My room was 105, a king bed room. First, there were a few minor issues... the carpet near the edge was coming up just a bit where it met the tiled floor at the entrance (the vanity was located across from the bathroom instead of inside it, which is an uncommon setup for an interior corridor hotel room like this one). The tub faucet was dripping water and a piece of the tile just under it was broken. The armrest for the leather office chair had a large hole in it. Not major problems, but like I said, it knocked down my score to about a 4.5 out of 5.

The rest of the room was very nice - large, clean, with big thick drapes as well as blackout curtains. Wireless internet was very fast and worked without a hitch. The bed was clean and very comfortable, and I think the linens and bed spread were a bit thicker than the usual Quality Inn linens. Televisions weren't flat screen units but still worked well and there was a pretty good selection of channels.

I ate dinner at another restaurant (more on this later) but I did try their on-site bar later in the night. Though I only had an appetizer and a side, I thought the food was pretty good and the bar staff was friendly and had some pretty interesting conversations with patrons, especially about Hurricane Sandy and the effects we were already feeling up in Rochester.

The staff at this Quality Inn were incredibly nice and friendly. Since I grew up in the Gates/Rochester area, in the same zip code as the hotel, I was able to have some nice conversations with them about the area and how things had changed since I had moved away. Not too often nowadays that hotel staff tries to get to know their guests, so I appreciated that they were happy to have conversations with me and other guests. They were also nice enough to wish me a happy birthday. Upon check out, the desk clerk took note of all the issues with the room that I told her, and she assured me that everything would be looked into.

The hotel's shuttle will still drive you to anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel, and given that Saturday night we were getting rain from the first wave of Sandy, this service was most appreciated, as I chose to eat out that night at Westgate Family Restaurant (see separate review) and not having to pay for a taxi was a huge help. Melanie, who checked me in, also drives the van during the evenings, and I enjoyed being able to talk with her on the drive to the restaurant and back.

I didn't try the exercise room and Hurricane Sandy ensured that the outdoor pool would see no use, but their business center was fine. It was in a converted guest room, with some furniture stored in there (perhaps lobby furniture due to the renovation) but the computer itself worked well and even color prints/copies were free.

Breakfast was pretty good - and I appreciated the fact that they offered a free breakfast despite also having a restaurant on site, where some full service hotels won't offer the free breakfast setup. They had sausage, eggs, and waffles in addition to thew usual pastries and cold items.

Overall, I highly enjoyed my stay at this Quality Inn. The issues I encountered were mostly minor and cosmetic, and the room was clean, comfortable, and relaxing. And the staff was exceptional. I was told that after the lobby, all of the rooms are due to be remodeled. So it should be an even nicer place to stay once all that is completed. I would very likely stay here again next time I'm in Rochester.

Room Tip: No elevators - request 1st floor room if you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

My wife and I stayed there the weekend of August 17-19 for my 40th high school reunion. While someohow we were unable to get a complete weekend stay through the choice hotels web site, once we were there they were very accomdating to let us stay in the same room the whole weekend. The room was clean,adaquately appointed,and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good and nicely maintained. The one complaint was the condition of the fitness room. It was locked, and I couldn't access it with my key card, and once I got in, the equipment was not well maintiained and a nice weight machine was broken. A plea to ALL places who offer a "fitness room" *If you can't maintain it,don't offer it ". Location was very convenieit for our needs.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family