“Great value, great service, with an eye to environment!”

Quality Inn Rochester Airport
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My children are both students at University of Rochester, so I was looking for a convenient, reasonably-priced, long-term accommodation close to campus (it's only a few minutes away!!) to visit them over the Easter holidays. The Quality Inn Airport was indeed the perfect choice for a number of reasons. First, it was so nice to be picked up by their airport shuttle on a free ride upon my arrival. The hotel very reasonable price covers a generous, comfy, clean room with double queen beds equipped with fridge, tv and microwave, and includes a lovely breakfast buffet featuring every morning fresh fruits, eggs, bacon, bagels, pastries, coffee,tea, juices, and much more. On top of that, since I stayed there for 10 days, the staff has been extremely friendly, helpful, and very professional in accommodating every single request I had. The convenient location near the airport (and close to all shopping malls, restaurants, and downtown) is admittedly not the best area in Rochester but, even though I was staying there all by myself, I felt extremely safe when coming back at night, because security guards at the entrance constantly monitor the premises. I also loved the fact that at the Quality Inn they are environmentally conscious, and have a recycling program amongst other initiatives. I highly recommend this hotel for those who seek value altogether with convenience, and very good customer service. I look forward to coming back this summer, to enjoy the large outdoors pool with my family!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the first floor since they are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Selene60

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Very friendly at front desk, I was alone an they made me feel comfortable. The coffee was excellent tasting the most value was letting me leave my car parked there for 8 days free. Shuttle driver was kind an most helpful, and was there in 5 min to pick me up. Thank -you Quality Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank odrzywolski
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have stayed in 2 ROC airport hotels. The other was in the flight path, this one off to the side.
My initial perception was ok, the lobby standard-somewhat dated, whatever-for under $100 who cares. I entered my room with a microwave, fridge, 2 beds- I thought I was in heaven. On closer look the microwave had a huge gash in the cheesy plastic door. Luckily I only needed to use the fridge. The room had a view of the nice pool-which was seasonally closed. The real gem of this place was the AMAZING BREAKFAST! They had a full-time lady helping and keeping it stocked. For my brother, his kid and I we would have been out $40 with tip for the quality (and quantity) of food we ate. I liked this place so much it's our go to ROC hotel, close to everything, clean and cheap.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank polizzi82
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I have trouble walking. I needed to do a load of laundry. I called the desk about directions to laundry,and etc. A young lady named Toni came to my room in our conversation she knew my room was a long walk for me to take my laundry. She took my laundry and did it for me. This was such a nice thing to do for me. I had misplaced my card with the information, SO, I hope you still have her employed with your company and put this into her personal file. She is an asset to your company. Sincerely, Dolores Horton on bus tour to Cape Cod, MA /Des Moines, Iowa. 3414 S Union St. Des Moines, Iowa 50315-7757 First week in October 2012.

Room Tip: I really have no tips at this time
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2012

The Quality Inn Rochester Airport provides a solid mid-scale hotel experience. The room was basic, but clean and well kept; the bedding was extremely comfortable.
What sets this property apart from the rest, however, is its staff. The hotel provides a park/stay/fly package including 1 night stay and up to 2 weeks of airport parking. I returned to pick up my vehicle 2 days after a major snowstorm in Rochester, and the truck was buried under 12-14" of snow. The houseman who picked me up from the airport invited me to wait inside as he dug out the truck and cleared it of snow (I would expect the hotel to have the parking lot cleared of snow, but digging out and clearing the vehicle of snow is far above and beyond in my opinion.) It is clear that this level of service does not come from any corporate training manual, but from a heartfelt spirit to serve, and this hotel is very fortunate to have employees such as this.
Well done!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ROCchef
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We chose the Quality Inn based on its proximity to the Rochester Airport. Due to the fact that we had an early flight out it was an ideal location. The perks behind our choice were that they offered with overnight accomodations: a breakfast, transportation to the airport and complimentary parking while we were on our vacation. For the price it doesn't get any better than this.
One downside to our arrivial was that we were given the key to a room that was already occupied! I will say it felt quite awkward to walk into a room that had peoples belongings strewn about the room. I am just glad we didn't walk in on people in a compromising position. I called the front desk from the hall, and the front desk lady came down immediately with the correct room assignment.
The rooms were clean, but you could tell they were old. The breakfast food was your basic food offerings for free breakfast, including hot sausages and eggs. I didn't feel it was in the safest of neighborhoods, but we came back from our vacation a week later and our car was where we left it, so that was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Cashed in some Choice Hotel points for a free stay, so I cannot really talk about the price. The entrance to the hotel is easy to miss when you first drive by, but that's my only real complaint about location. Good breakfast, nice bed, slept like a log. The building was undergoing renovations when I arrived, and I hope they tackle 2 issues: some details in the rooms, and soundproofing. The rooms were nice, but there was some damage to some of the tiles and moldings in the rooms that a periodic inspection could find and address. However, for a hotel by an airport, soundproofing should be a top priority. Noisy neighbors first prompted us to ask for a change of rooms (accommodated within 5 minutes), but a couple early morning flights were quite clear. Not sure that these woke me up, but they were loud enough to keep me from getting back to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple