“Should've stayed in my car!”

Quality Inn Rochester Airport
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Buffalo, New York
“Should've stayed in my car!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in(and I gave pics!)
When we were checking in the housekeepers were in the hall arguing. We didn't have rags. I had to call down twice and it still took 5 hours to get them. The bed was made but the sheets weren't changed. The iron was caked with burnt crust, but at least we did get another one. The pool outside was filled with things floating in it. The bathtub was dirty, had to grab some soap off a cart and clean it myself. The bathroom was filled with mildew. The air/heating unit was taped together. The base boards were falling apart and it looked rotted out underneath. The ONLY redeeming quality about this Quality Inn was breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Two story massive hotel with no elevator. You must get to know your room location and drive to it. The positives to this are you are extremely close to car, you just have to figure it out first. Very clean property. Very nice emoloyees. Long check in wait. Problem with computer? Maybe. Absolutely serves purpose for airport location and easy access to Rochester Downtown and highway.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Erin L
Sidney, New York, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed here during the Rochester PGA event....prices were 50% than normal.
Hotel is showing its age. The night I was there the internet was not working. When I checked in they said there was no password required for the internet but failed to mention that they were having problems with it. I got to my room trying to connect, my laptop, smartphone or iPad were unable to connect. I called the front desk and said they had been having problems all day long...why didn't they mention it when I checked in. I had some business work to get down, but was unable to do it.

After I got into my room I had to go back out to my car and when I attempted to come back in one of the secondary entrances, my key card did not open the door, and had to walk back down to the main entrance to get in....not a big deal, but it shows me management is not paying attention to details.

In the room the bedspread, yes they are still using them at this hotel, had a cigarette hole in it right in the middle at the top near the pillows. Also I noticed on sheet that the there was a stain which apparently couldn't come out in the wash...they should take the sheet out of service...doesn't make for a good impression. Also, my wash cloth had some sort of unremovable stain...again...take it out of service.

Finally, I look up towards ceiling above the air-conditioner unit and noticed a small amount of black mold in the corner....not a big amount but should be taken of.

The room was okay but some small details need to be taken care of to get a better rating.

When I checked out no one asked if things were okay and meet my expectations.

Later that morning I met a business associate down the road at the Holiday Inn and was sitting the lobby waiting for him and was with ear shot distance of the front desk and each person who checked out was greeted warmly and was asked if there room was to their expectations and was there anything else they could do for them....maybe I should start looking at staying at Holiday Inns !!!

I am giving this place an AVERAGE rating but just barely, it wasn't poor, but if management doesn't pay attention to some of these little details...they will start getting POOR ratings.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David L
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Check in was easy as well as checkout, towels were small and there was only 2 hand towels and wash cloths. The worst part was the breakfast area, the staff could not keep up with the demand, there was little or no food most of the time we were in the break area, they would put some out and the people would devour it probably because of the long wait, we were there on July 19th and
the problem occurred on Saturday July 20th.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 44Bill777
Riverside, California
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Landed late in Rochester and just needed an overnight stay. Thank goodness that was all we stayed for! Room looked nice but you walk into the vanity area of the bathroom from the door, weird layout. Towels were super thin, I've used thicker paper towels before! Hot/cold water in shower pulsed on/off while taking a shower. You are either getting scalded or frosted. Hallways smelled of mildew. Breakfast was your typical continental food, neither bad or exciting. On the plus side - front desk people are nice, shuttle is super prompt. Room had a refrigerator, microwave & flat screen T.V. It's almost walking distance to Alamo Car Rental site - the offsite airport location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mount Holly, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The good: the beds are comfortable, the room was spatious and the staff was friendly. As for the bad - there was little attention to detail regarding cleaning. The bathroom walls were dirty from previous guests, dirt, dust, hair, and who knows what else. The carpets are old, dirty and sticky. Maybe this was just the wing I was staying in, but this was the case in several of the rooms on my floor. The shower water temperature fluctuated every 10 seconds or so, from freezing cold to scalding hot. With the number of hotels in the area I am sure there are many others that are cleaner with a decent staff that pays attention to the details.

Room Tip: Ask if any have been recently renovated, but dont have high hopes that it is super clean...