“Very convenient to airport”

Quality Inn Rochester Airport
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
bethesda, md
“Very convenient to airport”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had a very early flight out of the Rochester airport, and the day before were in Syracuse, so we really needed a simple place to get a night's sleep. We arrived at the hotel at 9:30pm and had a 4am wake up call. We found the parking lot out front well lit and free (some places in Syracuse were charging for parking). Our non smoking room was clean and comfortable. It was fairly quiet- ie, no airport noise or hallway noise and we were near an exit.
The free breakfast is offered beginning at 4:30am, which worked well with our schedule so grabbing a cup of coffee and some fresh fruit was terrific. The airport is really 5 minutes away. This is definitely not one of the better Quality Inns - the neighborhood isn't the best, and while we were walking to our room, we weren't sure exactly what we were seeing, but once we were in our room with the door locked, we were fine.
Note that there is NO elevator and it is two floors- it wasn't a problem for us to carry our bag up the stairs, but we didn't have much and really only spent one night. If I needed to be close to the Rochester airport for an early morning flight, I'd stay here again--but only if I had an early morning flight.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room on the non smoking floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Marilyn M, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your comments, they are truly appreciated. I am happy to see you were able to utilize our Park & Fly package and enjoy the many benefits from it. We find out early morning breakfast to be a popular amenity for our guests, and convenient for those flying out of Rochester early in the morning.

We value your comments, and we are working to ensure that the comfort and safety of our guests are our number one priority. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Rochester!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Jersey
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We wanted to bike on the Erie Canal and this hotel is in a great location where we could ride our bikes from the motel tomato the canal trail. The included breakfast was very nice with many choices. Rochester is a beautiful American city and well worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank travelingrm
Thank you for Sharing your feedback about your stay with us at the Quality Inn Rochester. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit through Rochester!
Loudon
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Booked 2 nights, it was the only hotel I could find with 2 beds. Was a little pricey for the quality. Shower was very slow draining. No Ice machine upstairs. Would look for another place before booking again, unfortunately it was last minute.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here when travelling to Rochester for a job interview. It was one of the worst places I have stayed in. Shabby appearance, dirty glass, unsavory characters hanging around near the parking lot in back. There were buses idling back there - have no idea what that was about. Had to choice to but to stay, as I needed a room when the PGA was in town and everything was booked. Keep going. Forget about this place. Yuck!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in(and I gave pics!)
When we were checking in the housekeepers were in the hall arguing. We didn't have rags. I had to call down twice and it still took 5 hours to get them. The bed was made but the sheets weren't changed. The iron was caked with burnt crust, but at least we did get another one. The pool outside was filled with things floating in it. The bathtub was dirty, had to grab some soap off a cart and clean it myself. The bathroom was filled with mildew. The air/heating unit was taped together. The base boards were falling apart and it looked rotted out underneath. The ONLY redeeming quality about this Quality Inn was breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Two story massive hotel with no elevator. You must get to know your room location and drive to it. The positives to this are you are extremely close to car, you just have to figure it out first. Very clean property. Very nice emoloyees. Long check in wait. Problem with computer? Maybe. Absolutely serves purpose for airport location and easy access to Rochester Downtown and highway.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Erin L
Sidney, New York, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed here during the Rochester PGA event....prices were 50% than normal.
Hotel is showing its age. The night I was there the internet was not working. When I checked in they said there was no password required for the internet but failed to mention that they were having problems with it. I got to my room trying to connect, my laptop, smartphone or iPad were unable to connect. I called the front desk and said they had been having problems all day long...why didn't they mention it when I checked in. I had some business work to get down, but was unable to do it.

After I got into my room I had to go back out to my car and when I attempted to come back in one of the secondary entrances, my key card did not open the door, and had to walk back down to the main entrance to get in....not a big deal, but it shows me management is not paying attention to details.

In the room the bedspread, yes they are still using them at this hotel, had a cigarette hole in it right in the middle at the top near the pillows. Also I noticed on sheet that the there was a stain which apparently couldn't come out in the wash...they should take the sheet out of service...doesn't make for a good impression. Also, my wash cloth had some sort of unremovable stain...again...take it out of service.

Finally, I look up towards ceiling above the air-conditioner unit and noticed a small amount of black mold in the corner....not a big amount but should be taken of.

The room was okay but some small details need to be taken care of to get a better rating.

When I checked out no one asked if things were okay and meet my expectations.

Later that morning I met a business associate down the road at the Holiday Inn and was sitting the lobby waiting for him and was with ear shot distance of the front desk and each person who checked out was greeted warmly and was asked if there room was to their expectations and was there anything else they could do for them....maybe I should start looking at staying at Holiday Inns !!!

I am giving this place an AVERAGE rating but just barely, it wasn't poor, but if management doesn't pay attention to some of these little details...they will start getting POOR ratings.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business